Every day we work hard to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers. At WCB-Alberta, you too can make a difference.
Contracting and Procurement Services (CAPS) is responsible for the economic and timely procurement of goods and services required to support the operation of the WCB. As a senior member of the CAPS team, you will work closely with leaders from across the organization to develop strategic contracts for a variety of products and services to best suit their needs. Utilizing in depth knowledge of negotiations, procurement processes and contract formation you will be tasked with delivering best value procurements to the WCB and its stakeholders.
Your Contracting Specialist responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of the competitive bidding process so as to ensure, in a timely manner, that best value is attained and both legal and financial risks are mitigated. These include complex bids in which the scope of work is undefined, the evaluation methodologies are complex and may require multiple steps and may involve interdepartmental team members.
- Assess requirements and advise internal customers and management on various competitive contracting practices that will best support business needs.
- Negotiate contract details and specifications with vendors and service providers to ensure WCB’s risk is mitigated and end-user requirements are met.
- Expedite the competitive bidding process; facilitate communication and cooperation between all participants.
- Provide advice and direction to internal customers on vendor-relationship management issues and strategies so as to maximize value and improve efficiency.
- Mentor and promote the use of the Partnership Strategy for improved contractual outcomes
- Through an ongoing analysis of current practices and lessons learned, recommend and implement process improvements so as to reduce costs and increase productivity.
- Participate with the team to develop corporate procurement policies and procedures. Educate staff and management in policies and procedures so as to set and raise standards, ensure ethical practices are followed, and the WCB is viewed positively by external stakeholders.
Your experience and skills:
- Minimum of 5 years direct competitive contracting experience in a complex, diversified procurement environment
- SCMP or CPPB/CPPO professional designation
- Previous public sector procurement experience is an asset
- Experience in an end to end procure-to-pay platform is an asset
- Experience in Information Technology and/or Construction is desirable
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business or related field
- Excellent project management and facilitation skills
- The ability to manage multiple and complex projects, often with competing deadlines and similar priority levels
- Comprehensive knowledge of competitive bidding laws, Canadian Free Trade Agreement, procurement practices, and the organization’s business requirements.
- Strong contract negotiation experience
- Superior organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines in a team environment.
- Good general computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project
Over 93% of our staff agrees that WCB is a great place to work. We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, work-life balance, supportive leadership and a caring and collaborative work environment. We have talented employees who work hard and we want to make sure they’re happy.
Salary: Grade 11 Start Rate: $73,500.00 to Job Rate: $86,436.00
Posted: April 2, 2021 Closes: May 12, 2021
Note: Final candidates for this position will be asked to undergo a security clearance.
To be considered for this position, please apply online quoting competition #J0421-1218 by submitting a cover letter and resume to www.wcb.ab.ca/careers. External candidates will also be considered.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
More search results
Supply Chain Specialist
Transportation & Logistics Manager
Distribution Center Support Associate
Associé du centre de distribution II
Distribution Center Associate III