Supplier Management Practice Lead
We’re BC Hydro and we have a big job to do.
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities. We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth and a healthy work/life balance. We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of B.C.’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for four years in a row.
It’s our vision is to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all we do.
Our Supply Chain function is integral to keeping the business running and the lights on. As such, we are transforming our Supply Chain model through the implementation of a full category management capability to better meet the business’ requirements for quality, safety and reliability in what we buy for the best total cost and to ensure mutually beneficial supplier relationships. As the Operations & Enterprise (O&E) Supply Chain group, we are accountable to develop and implement strategies for the key categories that account for over 80% of BC Hydro’s (BCH) annual $2 billion expenditures.
The mission of the Supplier Management Practice Lead (SMPL) is to ensure the Supplier Relationship Management and Contract Management Practice is built, sustained, and continuously improved while integrating with all Category Management Practices, Portfolio Teams, Supply Chain capabilities, and BC Hydro business processes to realize the full vision of the Supply Chain model and drive optimal value for BC Hydro. The SMPL Practice Lead will work closely with the Category Management Leadership Team, Practice Leads within the Category Management team, Supply Chain managers, and business leaders throughout the organization.
This role will provide leadership, coaching, guidance, and support cross-functionally to category leads, other practice leads and to various roles throughout BC Hydro that play a part in driving benefits for BC Hydro through successful category management, as well as leading a small team of contractors and direct reports.
High Level Outcomes:
1. Creates and advances the maturity of SRM and Contract Management Practices to drive optimal value (including people, process, technology and governance elements and integration with other practices). This temporary position will drive the continued adoption of a consistent approach to contract performance management across BC Hydro.
2. Provide strategic guidance to Category Teams and others (CatMan Leadership, Senior BCH Leaders and Executives) with respect to implementing the SRM and Contract Management Practice in specific Categories, and with specific contracts and suppliers.
3. Ensures the SRM and Contract Management Practice is integrated with other practices to ensure effectiveness of Category Mgmt as a whole and optimal benefit realization. Provides tracking and reporting to support understanding of overall BCH supplier/contract performance and value generated through SRM and Contract Mgmt practices.
4. Champion effectiveness and efficiency through continuous learning and development, technology, data/analytics and systems advancement.
• University degree Bachelor’s (MBA or Master’s or other additional education preferred)
• Minimum 8 years related business/supply chain experience that could include a combination of strategic business planning, complex sourcing, supplier management, contract management and/or business change implementation or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Demonstrated knowledge and results in creating, maintaining, and sustaining business processes in a multi-stakeholder environment
• Experience working in a project-based environment that has aspects similar to a start-up and evolving it into sustainment
• Experience working in a team environment that is complex, with multiple stakeholders and strategic considerations
• Experience coaching and providing leadership
• Experience with program design and management, preferred
In addition to BC Hydro’s P4 competencies which are: Strategic Thinking, Execution and Working Smart, People Leadership, Relationship Development and Collaboration, Communication and presence, & Self-Management, additional competencies/abilities/skills are:
• Planning and Program management: Establishes plans through an interactive thinking and organizing process that builds clarity with respect to goal(s) and what is required to achieve the goal(s) and outcomes. Actively manages the plan using project management approaches (tools, processes, terms, etc.), secure resources, progress communications and issues resolution for timely implementation.
• Business Acumen: Understanding of BC Hydro’s business context. Able to accurately assess complex Hydro needs and understand how the Category Management practice can address those needs. Apply sound judgement and pragmatic approach to achieve required progress and grow the Category Management practice.
• Quick Learner with Growth Mindset: Openness and willingness to continue to grow and learn. Embraces challenges, persists in the face of setbacks, sees effort as a path to mastery, learns
from and integrates feedback, finds lessons and inspiration in the success of others.
• Results-oriented influencer: Always has the outcome and objectives in mind, confident and adept at shifting the thoughts, attitudes and behaviors of others.
Please note this is a Full-Time Temporary role for approximately 12 months.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by May 21, 2021
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We act with integrity.
We respect our province.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
Associé du centre de distribution II
Distribution Center Associate III
Purchasing Manager - Sports & Entertainment LOB
Returns and Logistics Administrator