In business since 1971, MakLoc Buildings Inc. is a family owned leader in the structural steel building design and manufacturing business; supporting custom development for oil and gas, heavy industry, agriculture and commercial industries in Western Canada.
We are looking for a passionate, self-starter Supply Chain Manager, who is interested in working in a fast-paced team environment.
Reporting to the Vice President-General Manager, MakLoc Buildings is seeking a full time Supply Chain Manager to contribute to the growth of the company by maximizing revenue, margins, and profitability by creating and maintaining key vendor relationships, monitoring inventory levels, and providing meaningful forecasts for future supply. The position will be based out of our Nisku head office.
Supply Chain Manager responsibilities include developing long-term relationships with existing vendors, and new vendor prospects.
Responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Ensure timely and cost-effective acquisition of materials, equipment, and service in support of manufacturing
- Implement Supply Chain industry best practices, and develop standard process documents for inventory management and procurement with a focus on continuous improvement
- Evaluate and improve current sourcing strategy of key materials, including pricing negotiation with suppliers, and formation of Master Service Agreements, where deemed beneficial
- Establish minimum and maximum inventory levels and reorder quantities
- Inventory control to ensure that materials are available to meet production demands
- Advise on key material lead times in support of accurate schedule forecasting
- Review and process claims against suppliers
- Work closely with Estimating staff to maintain up to do date pricing of standard materials, to ensure accuracy in quotations
- Advise Senior Management of market supply/pricing volatility of key materials, and provide risk mitigation recommendations
- Maintain effective communication with all plant and manufacturing locations
- Monthly reporting to management team
- Bachelor of Commerce or related post secondary education
- SCMP designation considered an asset
- 5-7 years of related experience is required
- Proven Supply Chain Management experience
- Experience in a manufacturing and construction-related and/or oil and gas industry will be considered an asset
- Must be a self-starter, energetic individual
- Sense of urgency and demonstrated commitment
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and work with limited supervision
- Must possess strong organizational, time management, communication and analytical skills
- Must be goal oriented and track/report individual as well as department activities/results
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and present oneself credibly and effectively at all organizational levels
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Requires a valid driver’s licence and reliable transportation
- MUST be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test