Scope of the Position
This critical management role will ensure Supply Security and oversee Supplier Relationships for the Custom Manufacturing (CM) Business and be a key conduit between CM Business stakeholders to these Suppliers. This role works externally with our diverse supplier base in North America and cross-functionally internally with Sales, Operations, Quality, Product Development and Finance. The span of accountability includes ensuring supply security over the forward planning horizon via S&OP, developing and maintaining global supplier relationships, contract management and negotiation, pro-actively engagement in Product Costing and Management of Change (MOC) and being available to help expedite materials when supply security issues arise. In addition, there will be a need to drive continuous optimization across the overall supply chain. Coordinating within Supply Chain and the broader Commercialization teams, this role also supports new product development projects through all levels of product lifecycle from launch, MOC and through to de-commercialization.
• Ensure 100% supply security for the forward supply and demand planning horizon via S&OP
• Develop a global supplier base that delivers materials of lowest Total Cost of Ownership without sacrificing service.
• Working with Finance, PD and Sales to meet KPI timelines for the Costing Process
• Timely management of MOCs
• Ongoing rationalization of the S-B’s portfolio of raw materials and packaging via consolidation
• Resolve Supplier performance issues by Identify and tracking assignable cause via weekly and monthly routines
• Play a key role with Operations, Sales, Product Development, Data Governance and Customers on commercialization of new products and de-commercialization of phase-outs
• University or college degree in a relevant discipline
• Preference to Certified Supply Chain Management Professionals (cSCMP) or Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) or completion of certification is in process
• Minimum of 5 years of supply chain experience with purchasing and materials management preferably in the Food Industry
• Proven knowledge of purchasing processes including vendor management, strategic sourcing and contract negotiations
• A track record of driving out costs
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Numeracy and an understanding of finance.
• Proficient with ERP Systems (Microsoft DAX, SAP, Oracle) and advanced skills in MS Office – (Excel, Word)
• Able to travel USA/Canada