Canadian Kraft Paper offers a work environment that promotes diversity, embraces change, and encourages continuous growth and development for every team member. We offer a workplace where everyone plays an essential role in the success of our Company and where individual efforts are acknowledged. If you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment, we want you to be a part of our team! We are seeking a skilled professional to help take us even further as we continue to produce high performance extensible Kraft Paper for a global market.
We are a team, who works together to face challenges, develop effective strategies and explore new opportunities. We are committed to build systems that support operations and process improvement initiatives that are mutually beneficial to our customers, our company and our community in a cost effective, environmentally responsible, and safe manner.
Reporting to the Purchasing Team Lead, the Purchaser will be assigned a purchasing portfolio that may include stock materials, service contracts, major equipment acquisitions and replacement parts for mill operations. The Purchaser is responsible for the receiving, warehousing, issuing and analysis of inventory for stores stock related materials required in the operation. This position entails all aspects of supplier sourcing, competitive bidding, negotiations, contract preparation, contract management and supply performance.
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation or equivalent would be considered an asset, or motivation to attain the designation through continued professional development
- Minimum 3 years previous experience in a purchasing role at a junior or intermediate level, or equivalent business experience would be considered an asset
- Completion of a Post-Secondary Business Program would be considered an asset
- The ability to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
- A self-starter with excellent organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
- The ability to meet tight deadlines while producing quality and consistent work
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
- Resourceful with sound analytical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and business acumen
- Ability to use solid judgement and decision-making skills
- Project management and leadership skills are strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
Canadian Kraft Paper offers competitive wages and a group benefits package that helps takes care of you and your family; including health, dental, life and AD&D insurance. Providing a company sponsored pension plan, is another way that we help our employees prepare for their future. Canadian Kraft Paper understands that what defines a person is more than just their career; that’s why we support a work/life balance so that you can live the life that makes you……YOU!
LIVING IN THE PAS:
The Pas community is one of the oldest and most striking settlements in Northern Manitoba. It is truly a place to call home for all those that love the outdoors with an abundance of activities such as skiing, hiking, ATV and snowmobiling, camping, boating, hunting and fishing! Boasting one of the three true blue clear lakes in existence, its raw natural beauty attracts visitors from around the world.
Learn more from the website at www.townofthepas.com about the wonders of The Pas, where the Northern Lights shine year-round.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity, please visit our website www.canadiakraftpaper.com/careers
to submit your resume by July 30, 2018.
More search results
Analyste, gestion des fournisseurs
Cogeco Communications Inc.
Spécialiste processus et outils approvisionnements
Cogeco Communications Inc.
Coordonnateur - Analyste, Approvisionnement et ge…
Ivanhoe Cambridge Inc
Food Purchasing and Uniform Coordinator with A&W …
Janet David + Associates Inc.
Quality Control Analyst
Robert Half Finance & Accounting