Director, Supply Chain
- University of the Fraser Valley
- Leaders International Executive Search
- Job Type
The Organization: University of the Fraser Valley
The University of the Fraser Valley is a dynamic and innovative university committed to changing lives and building community. As a leader of social, cultural, economic, and environmentally responsible development in British Columbia’s scenic Fraser Valley, UFV engages students actively in education. High levels of interaction with faculty, combined with abundant opportunities for practical experience, community engaged applied research, problem-solving, and creative work, mean students are educated as local and global citizens with career-ready skills. At UFV experiential learning and co-operative education opportunities are available locally and internationally.
Situated within the traditional territory of the Stó:lō First Nation, one of Canada’s most ethnically diverse and fastest-growing regions, UFV is a multi-campus university with six campuses and centres in the Fraser Valley, as well as a growing campus in Chandigarh, India. The University offers over 100 programs including two Master’s degrees; a wide variety of Bachelor’s degrees; majors, minors, and extended minors in more than 30 subject areas; and over a dozen trades and technology programs, as well as access and upgrading pathways.
Recognized nationally for student success, lifelong learning opportunities, creative integration of programming, Indigenization, and its work with local communities, UFV also has a thriving international education department and offers multiple study abroad and exchange opportunities. With continued program growth in areas including agriculture, health and wellness, and digital technologies, UFV aims to provide the best undergraduate education in Canada, and to become a leader of social, cultural, economic, and environmentally-responsible development in the Fraser Valley.
To learn more, please visit the University of the Fraser Valley’s website.
The Opportunity: Director, Supply Chain
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and VP Administration (CFO) the Director, Supply Chain is responsible for all aspects of procurement and supply chain management at the University of the Fraser Valley.
The Director’s primary responsibility is creating and maximizing value in the supply chain, as well as effectively managing costs in the acquisition of goods and services the University requires to operate. Other major areas of responsibility include: management and supervision of staff; budget planning; developing policies and procedures; developing and implementing sourcing strategies; managing the University’s supplier base; developing and managing the solicitation process and documentation; the execution and administration of contracts; developing and maintaining relationships with internal stakeholders, clients, suppliers, and the business community, and effectively managing contract liability and risk.
The Director, Supply Chain is the University’s senior procurement practitioner and a key member of the management team in the CFO and VP Administration portfolio. The Director is tasked with maintaining and enhancing the University’s reputation in the community by demonstrating and supporting the highest levels of ethical conduct, honesty, and integrity in all business practices and procurement activities.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Ideally a university graduate with a business or related degree, preferably with professional certification in the supply management field (e.g. SCMA or ISM certifications such as SCMP, CPSM or CPSD);
- A minimum of five (5) years senior supply management / procurement experience;
- Demonstrated strong leadership and management skills, and business acumen;
- Credible, with the highest standards of ethical conduct, honesty, and integrity;
- Quick, logical thinker with the ability to make decisions in large, complex, and fast-paced environment;
- Excellent problem solving and dispute resolution skills;
- Service and quality orientated, and committed to continuous improvement;
- Specialized knowledge / experience in competitive bid law, strategic supply, and operations management;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships internally and externally, and relate well with a wide range of professionals and staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and strong negotiating skills;
- Good knowledge of applicable agreements, legislation, and regulations (e.g. Agreement on Internal Trade (ITA), BC and Alberta Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility Agreement (TILMA), etc.).
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
Contact: Julian Manchon or Tony Kirschner
Leaders International Executive Search
#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422
- Application form: UFV_DSC - Advertisement (155kb) (the link will open in a new window)
More search results
Manager, Food Purchasing at A&W Food Services of …
Janet David + Associates Inc.
Manager Category Management & Strategic Sourcing
City of Toronto
Management, Procurement and Vendor Risk Management
Farm Credit Canada
Robert Half Canada
Vice President, Logistics & Supply Chain
Western Forest Products