Corporate Purchasing Manager
- Responsible for purchasing raw materials for 3 facilities: Stoney Creek, Woodstock and Mexico
- Risk Analysis – Determining profitability 12-18 months at a time in a commodity market. Monthly measurements to ensure original targets have been met
- Negotiate contracts and quotes, including terms and conditions for existing and new Mills/suppliers
- Develop/maintain commercial relationships with suppliers to assist the purchase negotiations in order to achieve the lowest prices
- Responsible for the creation of materials requirements plans and forecasts and for all materials
- Liaise with the Sales team ensure forecasts are accurate, realistic through regular meetings between purchasing and sales
- Review all incoming RFQ’s and develop a tailored cost model to review with sales and production
- Oversee the Material Resources Planning (MRP) process and inventory levels
- Audit all purchases to ensure profitability. Track and monitor open contracts to coordinate the strategic placement of purchases to maximize profit
- Responsible for all offshore purchases for the Mexico facility
- Locating/developing new suppliers
- Assist with profit margins and educating the sales team through tailored cost sheets
- Control spot buys, secondary and slab lists; use solid business judgement prior to purchasing to ensure optimum inventory levels
- Collaborate with the Materials Manager to create efficiencies in order to maintain proper inventory levels with the goal of exceeding outlined expectations
- Back up duties to the Materials Manager as required
- Post Second Education with a focus on purchasing or materials management
- SCMAO accreditation
- Minimum of 5 years of direct work experience in a purchasing position, ideally purchasing steel
- Excellent negotiation skills and advanced procurement abilities skills
- Excellent financial and business awareness.
- Able to create reports, forecasts, and analysis data
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills, with experience in Excel, Word, Power Point
- Able to travel internationally (Canada, US and Mexico)
- Superior analytical abilities and problem solving skills
- Excellent conflict resolution skills, diplomacy, and tact
If you are interested in exploring this dynamic opportunity, please submit your resume to Careers.ON@novasteel.ca
Nova Steel Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If applicants require accommodation for disability during the recruitment process, they are required to make their needs known in advance. Please notify HR manager or the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.
We would like to thank all candidates but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information about Nova Steel Inc. please go to www.novasteel.ca
More search results
Analyste, gestion des fournisseurs
Cogeco Communications Inc.
Spécialiste processus et outils approvisionnements
Cogeco Communications Inc.
Coordonnateur - Analyste, Approvisionnement et ge…
Ivanhoe Cambridge Inc
Food Purchasing and Uniform Coordinator with A&W …
Janet David + Associates Inc.
Quality Control Analyst
Robert Half Finance & Accounting