- Thompson Rivers University
- Kamloops, British Columbia, V2C 0C8
This position will provide a wide range of administrative and secretarial services for the Purchasing Department. Responsibilities will include recording, posting, and providing administrative support on competitive bids; checking, verifying, and monitoring TRU's P-Card, Fuel card, and Expense Claim policy compliance; maintaining all relevant department files and providing any other required secretarial support services.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs data entry functions to generate purchase orders on a computerized accounting system, making amendments/changes.
- Provides a wide range of administration and secretarial services for the Department. Word processing a variety of documents such as general correspondence, electronic data entry, evaluation summaries for competitive bids, and meeting minutes.
- Checks, verifies, and monitors TRU's P-Card, Fuel card, and Expense claim policy compliance.
- Liaise/follow-up with TRU departments/staff regarding policy compliance.
- Records bid numbers, and prepares physical/electronic competitive bid files.
- Coordinates audit of expense claims and monthly P-card statements for TRU policy compliance.
- Assists in expediting outstanding orders.
- Compiles data and prepares purchasing statistics and summary reports.
- Provides necessary administrative support and training for TRU's P-Card and Fuel card users.
- Maintain relevant files and records.
- Collects, sorts, and distributes departmental mail.
Director, Supply Chain Management
- 2 year Business Diploma or equivalent
- Three (3) years' related experience including one (1) year experience providing administrative assistance on competitive bids (RFP, RFB, Tenders, etc), and one (1) year policy compliance review experience
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE OR ABILITIES RELATED TO THE JOB
- Ability to perform word processing at 60 wpm
- Ability to deal courteously and tactfully with others
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Sitting at a desk for long periods of time
- General office conditions
- Ability to lift weights up to 10 kg
More search results
Manager, Food Purchasing at A&W Food Services of …
Janet David + Associates Inc.
Manager Category Management & Strategic Sourcing
City of Toronto
Management, Procurement and Vendor Risk Management
Farm Credit Canada
Robert Half Canada
Vice President, Logistics & Supply Chain
Western Forest Products