Purchasing Specialist, Contracts
- Tolko Industries
- Vernon, BC (Flexible location in Western Canada)
- Job Category
- Supply Chain and Purchasing
- Job Type
Purchasing Specialist, Contracts
(Flexible work location within Western Canada)
The Purchasing Specialist, Contracts is responsible for supplying Bid and Contract Services for the acquisitions of goods and services as directed or required by business unit stakeholders and Managers of projects. This position will analyze proposals for best value, while addressing elements of safety, risk, quality, and schedule that satisfies the needs of business units and stakeholders, while working with corporate procurement on initiatives that would benefit overall company cost savings and effectively use purchasing resources within the company.
Reporting to the Senior Corporate Procurement Manager, the Purchasing Specialist will negotiate agreements with suppliers and provide sound and effective contract leadership to senior management and division purchasers, participate in exchange and implementation of best practice across Tolko business units, monitor and evaluate contractor and supplier performance indices, and communicate and correspond with legal counsel to ensure that risks to the company are minimized and within contractual commitments.
- The incumbent will possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior procurement position
- Bachelor of Commerce and SCMP designation with the Supply Chain Management Association (SCMA) or equivalent
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
- Forestry and/or relevant manufacturing experience and Project Management Procurement experience preferred
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably JD Edwards
- Self-starter, customer oriented, and demonstrates effective interpersonal, organizational and time management abilities
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. And, through our community investment strategy, we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to build great lives.
We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
A Career With Tolko Is More Than A Job
It’s pride in what you do. It’s making a difference every single day, working side-by-side with people you respect.
Explore our opportunities, submit your application, and join a company that works for you, your family, and your community!
If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until September 9, 2018.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Manager, Food Purchasing at A&W Food Services of …
Janet David + Associates Inc.
Manager Category Management & Strategic Sourcing
City of Toronto
Management, Procurement and Vendor Risk Management
Farm Credit Canada
Robert Half Canada
Vice President, Logistics & Supply Chain
Western Forest Products