Spicers Canada ULC (“Spicers”) is a leading distributor of fine paper, graphic arts, sign and display, and industrial packaging equipment and consumables headquartered in Vaughan, Ontario. It operates from 15 distribution centres strategically located across Canada.
We are currently looking for Full-Time Purchaser located in Vaughan, Ontario reporting to the Strategic Sourcing Manager.
- Purchase products using best practices to meet planned inventory levels;
- Evaluate product suppliers, determine product availability and terms of service;
- Could negotiate pricing and terms with product suppliers;
- Manage forecasts and monitor the movement of specific product lines;
- Manage processes, systems and inventories to ensure the consistent and timely purchase of products;
- Could gather quotes, manage costs and negotiate pricing for desired inventory levels;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with external suppliers;
- Collaborate with other departments to achieve shared goals and objectives; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- SCMA designation desirable:
- Purchasing experience an asset:
- Industry knowledge and understanding of paper manufacturing, paper distribution, graphic products, printing processes, sign and display or industrial supplies and packaging considered an asset;
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written);
- Strong skills with Excel and Outlook and proficient with other MS Office products;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Strong organization and time-management skills;
- Punctual, dependable, and reliable;
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills;
- Self-directed and self-motivated; and
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Competitive starting wage;
- Pension program;
- Health and dental benefits;
- Health spending account;
- Employee and family assistance program;
- Profit sharing;
- On-site gym;
- Wellness subsidy;
- Tuition reimbursement program;
- And more!
Spicers Canada ULC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all interested parties. Spicers Canada is able to offer accommodations to potential candidates and new employees during the recruitment and selection process and encourages individuals who may require accommodations to contact Human Resources.