Charger Logistics specializes in delivering your assets, on time and on budget. With the diverse fleet of equipment, we can handle a range of freight, including dedicated loads, specialized hauls, temperature-controlled goods and HAZMAT cargo.
- Uses knowledge of shipping lanes, available partner carriers, and service requirements to locate carriers and negotiate freight coverage.
- Reviews loads and load parameters.
- Actively searches for carriers through databases, boards, etc. to cover available loads.
- Negotiates and determines the rates to be paid to the carriers.
- Assigns shipments to carriers and develops customer/carrier relationships.
- Schedules and confirms pickup and deliveries.
- Monitors and tracks all booked freight.
- Serves as an intermediary between the customer and the carrier to assist in the resolution of any issues.
- Communicates with other departments as required, such as accounting, dispatch, customer services, and sales.
- Communicates changes in load status to customers and carriers.
- Works in a 24/7 operation and maintains communication with all departments. Provides after-hours on-call service on a weekly rotation during the week and weekends. Performs other duties as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- College diploma or university degree.
- Minimum two years’ experience as a brokerage dispatcher
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office.
- Good time-management with an ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to learn a new software quickly.
- Excellent communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time