Supply Chain Coordinator
- OfficeTeam - A Robert Half Company
- Vaughan, Ontario
- $20.00 to $25.00 per hour
- Job Category
- Administration, Customer Service / Support, Inventory Control - Management, Logistics - Supply Chain Management, Operations and Demand Forecasting
- Job Type
Are you an experienced Supply Chain Coordinator looking for a new opportunity that will allow you to grow in your career? If so, an opportunity through OfficeTeam might be for you!
Our clients working in the heart of Vaughan, Barrie, Rexdale, Etobicoke, and Alliston areas are looking for a competent Supply Chain Coordinator to oversee and facilitate supply chain operations within their companies. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Supply Chain Coordinator will be the one to coordinate personnel and processes to achieve the effective distribution of goods. As a Supply Chain Coordinator, you will be responsible for the supervision of inbound and outbound traffic, managing the buying and delivery process of goods or services, as well as the placement and delivery of purchase orders. This is a very high profile and responsible role within an organization, requiring someone who is extremely organized and can manage well under pressure.
Strong Communication and Negotiation skills are needed to succeed in this role. You must also be well-versed in supply management principles and practices. The ideal candidate will have great record-keeping abilities and a customer-oriented approach. The goal is to ensure the smooth operations of a variety of channels aiming for maximum efficiency.
- As a Supply Chain Coordinator it will be your job to manage the buying and delivery process of goods or services on behalf of your company, or a specific client or clients.
- You will negotiate rates with carriers ensuring that you secure the best possible rates inline with the company’s buying policy. You will also coordinate all inbound and outbound traffic, maximizing cost-effectiveness and tracking all consignments.
- The Supply Chain Coordinator usually works closely with the Sales Director to ensure the best supply chain solutions are achieved.
- As a Supply Chain Coordinator you will be client facing and therefore you will be require to develop and maintain good client relationships delivering the very best in customer service.
- It is important that as the Supply Chain Coordinator you observe and follow all ISO and health and safety compliances, including the supervision of staff in this respect.
- The preparation of management reports as well as analyzing statistical
- Proven experience as supply chain coordinator
- Experience in customer service ideal
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and ISO requirements
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes
- Computer-savvy with a working knowledge of logistics software (ERP)
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- BSc/BA in business administration, supply chain management or relevant field
The ideal candidate will have 2 or more years of Supply Chain Coordination experience. Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) are required. The successful candidate must have strong attention to detail, excellent work ethic and the ability to work as a team player.
Connect with Us Today:
For more information, connect with OfficeTeam in our Vaughan office today at 905.695.0496 or apply online now at –