- OfficeTeam - A Robert Half Company
- Grimsby, Ontario
- $20.00 to $22.00 / hour
- Job Category
- Supply Chain and Purchasing
- Job Type
OfficeTeam is recruiting for an Assistant Buyer for a 6-month temporary to full-time opportunity located in Grimsby. Under the direction of the Senior Buyer, the Assistant Buyer will be responsible for providing overall administrative support to the Purchasing function.
The Assistant Buyer will assist in the purchasing of commercial components, manufactured mechanical parts, and miscellaneous shop supplies. This involves the creation and maintenance of current and outstanding purchase orders, sourcing quality components at the most favorable price, contract terms and conditions, and delivery. This position is responsible for ensuring that purchased and manufactured components arrive to meet production schedules as well as processing production submittals in system.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Act as a point of contact for the Purchasing function to all employees.
- Create and maintain current and outstanding purchase orders.
- Assist with the purchase of mechanical components, raw materials, goods, services, and finished products
- Work with vendors to negotiate best price
- Research and source alternative, less expensive products to use that meet our requirements
- Coordinate time of arrival to meet production schedules
- Update and maintain ERP
- Provide overall support to the Senior Buyer
- Ensure all purchasing documentation is filed appropriately and easily accessible
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Working knowledge of the supply chain function including its applicable laws, and regulations
- Exposure to software such as Enterprise Resource Planning systems (ERP), Material Requirements Planning systems (MRP), and Customer Relationship Management systems (CRM)
- Knowledge of basic contract formation and negotiation techniques
- Advanced customer service orientation with a focus on ensuring provision of effective professional services
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of multi-function team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to deal courteously and effectively with all levels of staff, vendors, partners, and any other potential stakeholders.
- Problem-solving skills, discretion, diplomacy and a demonstrated ability to exercise good judgement when handling confidential / sensitive information in communication with internal and external clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook
Connect with Us Today:
For more information and confidential consideration, please connect with Tonisha Rusk at (905) 331-0456 or apply online now at –
More search results
Bilingual Senior Procurement Analyst (multiple lo…
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
LH Responsable des achats / Purchasing Manager
OfficeTeam - A Robert Half Company
Procurement Advisor / Conseiller ou conseillère e…
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR – STRATEGIC PROCUREMENT