- Nanaimo Airport
- Nanaimo Airport
- Full-time salaried position
- Job Category
- Supply Chain and Purchasing
- Job Type
Job Description, Contracts and Procurement Coordinator
The Contracts and Procurement Coordinator will assume responsibility for two main portfolios, Purchasing/Procurement and Contract Management for the Nanaimo Airport Commission (NAC). This position will become part of the Financial team at NAC and will report directly to the VP Finance/Chief Financial Officer.
Key Contacts and Relationships
- President & CEO
- VP Finance/CFO
- All NAC staff
- Service contractors, vendors and air carriers
- Government agencies and officials
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contract Management
This portfolio requires significant administrative and organizational skills, and knowledge of standard contract language. Working closely with NAC departments and the CFO, the position will have overall responsibility for maintaining, updating and renewal of NAC contracts as follows:
- Ensures a comprehensive contract management system is in place and maintained at all times.
- Develops, maintains and updates standard contract templates and forms as needed.
- Maintains legal contracts including General Services Agreements ensuring they are current and comply with NAC policies and procedures
- Recommends business and system enhancements to facilitate improved accounting and reporting.
- Maintains contract management system and recommends ongoing improvements.
- Maintains secure file management system that protects confidentiality of NAC and supplier information.
- Identifies contracting issues which may require legal advice and/or consultation with solicitors.
- Liaises with and provides guidance on contract matters to CFO/Senior Managers as required.
- Drafts tenant leases and licenses for review.
- Maintains, and creates related reports for management as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Within this portfolio, you will work closely with Management and various NAC departments to take the lead role in purchasing and procurement of products and services. Responsibilities include:
- Consults with airport managers to develops and maintain technical specifications and requirements for purchasing.
- Will adhere to and update as needed a set of standardized NAC sourcing policies and procedures to ensure consistency and efficiency of the procurement process.
- Develops strategic relationships with key suppliers to ensure NAC obtains best value for money, preferred terms and conditions, and quality customer service.
- Negotiates contract terms including products/services delivery, timelines and discounts that are favourable to NAC while actively pursuing cost reductions and efficiencies.
- Maintains and updates standard purchasing templates and forms.
- Creates Tenders, Requests for Proposals and Requests for Quote according to existing policies and procedures to ensure significant market interest and quality response.
- Ensures all purchasing and procurement commitments are made in compliance with NAC financial policies and procedures.
- Maintains approved vendor listing and rates.
- Monitors/evaluates contract performance to ensure terms and conditions are met.
- Maintains and creates regular purchasing reports for management as needed.
- Manage NAC equipment and product inventory
- Under the direction of the CFO implements and maintains a Purchase Order system.
- Other duties as assigned.
At the Nanaimo Airport, safety is our #1 concern and is cultivated by all. As an employee of the Nanaimo Airport Commission, you will undergo safety and security training specific to airport operations, as follows:
- Read and understand the Airport Safety Plan; in particular, employee responsibilities
- Actively participate in the general activities outlined in the Airport Safety Plan
- Provide input to the development and implementation of the Safety Plans of the YCD Administration Building
- Immediately report all safety concerns to the Safety & Security Manager
- Promote the safety culture and lead by example.
All employees are mandated and pre-authorized to immediately rectify any blatant deficiencies in Health, Safety or Security measures needed to protect airport personnel or property. Any issue not resolved promptly is to be documented and identified to the CEO for immediate action
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or similar with certification/diploma in Procurement Management or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience working in procurement/contracts administration or management
- Familiarity with content and standard working language for legal contracts.
- Excellent plan, organizational and time management skills
- Computer savvy with mid-to high level skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good decision-making and negotiation skills preferably gained in a purchasing/procurement environment.
- Ability to build professional relationships with management, contractors and suppliers
- Ability to collaborate with peers to ensure administrative systems and processes are consistently followed and monitored for effectiveness and that gaps are addressed and resolved when identified.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Work area is generally indoors in a climate-controlled environment with moderate background noise.
- Approximately 80% of this position’s duties require use of a computer and phone.
- Extensive data entry is necessary in this position.
- There could also be a requirement to meet with potential suppliers or contractors off-site; use of a personal vehicle and a valid Class “5” license is required.
- Must be able to pass RCMP records check.
More search results
Bilingual Senior Procurement Analyst (multiple lo…
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
LH Responsable des achats / Purchasing Manager
OfficeTeam - A Robert Half Company
Procurement Advisor / Conseiller ou conseillère e…
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR – STRATEGIC PROCUREMENT