Procurement Manager, Prairies
- Sysco Prairies Region - Winnipeg and Regina
- Job Category
- Accounting / Finance
- Job Type
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
Responsible for overall team assigned replenishment purchasing, including customer fill rates, inventory DSO, inbound cases per pallet efficiencies, inbound balance, aged stock inventory management, perishable shrink management, costing integrity of our sku base and other Merchandising projects as assigned. This leadership position will include empowering the team while effectively coaching and supporting cadence relative to procurement tools and resources on all assigned procurement activities. This role may include direct procurement activities, and will require proficiency within E3 trim and IDS. Sysco Prairies encompasses Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Thunder Bay. This position can be located in Regina or Winnipeg.
- Effectively manage and support processes to meet and exceed customer service levels while balancing DSO and maintaining inventory turns to budget, shrink to plan, aged and obsolete management.
- Communicate and coach to hold team and vendors accountable for follow up and coordinating with the Regional Operations teams to ensure that warehousing issues and efficiencies are factored in the purchasing decisions.
- Accountable to support the administration of the accurate and timely costing of all items within the system for all categories. This includes securing PO confirmations for 100% of purchase orders and assisting in the resolution of pricing variances.
- Work with Regional Merchandising and Sales teams to maintain and enhance service levels standards; ensure purchasing-related shortages are minimized to support service level objectives, maintain continuous improvements to customer fill rates that meet and exceed Regional fill rate goals and PIP.
- Work in partnership with all Regional stakeholders, including Sales, Operations, Merchandising, Logistics and Finance.
- Work with Regional Logistics teams on successful conversions of prepaid vendors to collect and in support of logistics and backhaul overall metric targets.
- Work in conjunction with the Regional Merchandising and Marketing teams to increase and enhance the efficiencies and profitability of the Region.
- Demonstrated effective leadership to support ongoing training and mentoring of the procurement staff including goal setting and metrics attainment
- Other duties and project work as required
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience in a similar capacity.
- Post-secondary education in related field with progress towards PMAC designation.
- Preference will be given to those who have excellent interpersonal skills including initiative, communications project management and time management.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Leadership and time management skills.
- PC skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Superior ability to build relationships and affect positive change.
- Experience managing in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in managing a distributed team.
- Experience in the food industry will be considered an asset.
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability | Flexibility & Adaptability | Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events •
(*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)
More search results
Purchasing Administrative Assistant/Junior Buyer
Data Analyst - Surface Equipment Inventory Manage…
NES Global Talent
Logistics Associate (Student)
Labatt Breweries of Canada
SAP S/4 HANA Senior Manager - Supply Chain
Industrial Supply Chain Engineer
Pet Valu Canada Inc.