Supervise and provide leadership to a team of skilled resources to meet organizational demands related to procurement of goods and services to support all business units strategic outcomes with the appropriate procurement tools.
Technical excellence in business processes as they relate to Procurement and Supply Chain Management. Efficiency, attention to detail, sound judgment, strong inter-personal, organizational and teamwork skills, along with a positive attitude are essential attributes for success. Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal stakeholders, contractors, vendors.
Supervise staff work assignments to optimize resources, allocate, prioritize and distribute work to meet operational demands and service level commitments with tight deadlines. Review contracts to validate the appropriate terms and conditions are included to mitigate risk.
Participate in selecting, orientating and training new employees. Provide coaching to support performance, quality of work, and ongoing training and development of staff; manage attendance, identify performance issues and collaborate with others regarding disciplinary matters.
Maintain compliance with work and industry standards, applicable metrics, and service level agreements. Utilize experience and technical knowledge to solve work related problems and/or collaborate and refer to others.
Responsible for the reviewing and approval of invoices, along with investigating, resolving and reporting of SAP variances.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline from a recognized program or a SCMP designation or a Professional equivalent, plus 4 to 7 years related experience in a leadership capacity or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Experience in major projects and project delivery models would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Procurement and Supply Chain management, work methods and procedures
- Knowledge of Company policies, standards and procedures
- Knowledge of SAP and computer and MS Office systems
- Knowledge of human resource policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Logistics and Transportation Management
- Demonstrated strong analytical and decision making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and provide leadership to staff
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally, electronically and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and demanding work schedules
- Demonstrated ability to apply conflict resolution skills
More search results
Purchasing Officer / Agent des achats
Canada Post/Postes Canada
Food Purchasing & Uniform Coordinator role with A…
Janet David + Associates Inc. for A&W Food Services of Canada Inc.
Contracting Manager / Gestionnaire de contrats
Canada Post/Postes Canada
Associate Finance Director - Supply Chain
Robert Half Canada