Reporting to the Supervisor of Inventory this position is responsible for day to day inventory control procedures, assists in overseeing branch inventories and makes recommendations to enhance and optimize inventory. In turn, this position proactively researches, recommends and implements enhancements to the inventory control systems and works to insure proper inventory coverage for the equipment and customers supported in the Fort McMurray region. Collaborates directly with customers, branch personnel and manufacturers to aid in controlling inventory in a cost effective manner.
1. Implementing plans and monitoring performance relative to key performance indicators.
• Works with the Supervisor, Inventory to ensure that authorized plans and programs are carried out by the inventory control group as they relate to inventory levels and Economic Order Quantities (EOQs).
• Assists in monitoring key performance indicators for the parts area to ensure that trends are managed related to total parts inventory value, inventory turns, non-turning inventory, obsolescence, etc.
• Key participant in coordinating and executing activities in relation to the annual inventory count and reconciliation.
2. Collaborating with Supervisor, Inventory to develop business strategy and objectives.
• Evaluates the parts inventory control systems and makes recommendations to the Supervisor, Inventory on ways to improve the day to day systems.
• Analyzes and recommends medium to long term plans for investment in inventories to support business strategies.
• Develops reports, completes analysis, and makes recommendations related to the parts and inventory functions. Notifies Manager, Parts of branch non-compliance with established policy and procedures.
3. Administering of day to day inventory control procedures and inventory support.
• Works with product support team to support corporate activities and initiatives as it relates to forecasting for consignment inventory in addition to branch inventory for major components.
• Supports parts assistant with placing stock orders when required
• Works with parts coordinator to maintain accurate return processing and tracking to ensure proper coordination of all annual manufacturer returns as well as customer returns.
• Supports analysis for exit strategies when machine population changes or there are corporate mandated changes to manufacturer/business partner support.
• Works with service team as well as corporate to analyze and successfully execute support of Recommended Stock Parts Lists (RSPL) for new models as well as analysis for aging machines.
• Works with Parts Coordinator to minimize freight costs to branch.
4. Other projects and duties as assigned.
5. Covering for Supervisor, Inventory and Inventory Assistant when required
- Position typically requires some post-secondary education with 3– 5 years related parts and inventory experience. Any combination of education and experience in managing parts and inventory control is desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of parts distribution and inventory management.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of individuals and groups.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications; specifically parts and inventory computer systems as well as Microsoft applications. Advanced skills in Excel are considered an asset.
This position is based out of Fort McMurray and does not provide accommodations or transportation.