Warehouse Logistics Officer
**NOTE: This position is subject to review by the Joint Job Evaluation Committee**
Coordinates receiving and shipping of a variety of goods in the Materials Distribution Centre. Responsible for related stores duties such as unpacking, checking orders and monitoring inventory. Coordinates pick-up and delivery of short-term storage items and assets for disposal, distributing goods and safely operate all required Warehouse equipment.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives, unpacks, checks and stores incoming materials ensuring that goods are delivered according to specifications; completes documentation such as signing delivery slips and performs data entry for goods received.
- Picks, packages, ships, receives and distributes internal and external OL packages/materials, and process any returned course packages.
- Responsible for maintaining Warehouse inventory, short-term storage and completing physical inventory counts.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all shipping/receiving documents; gather and maintain all data and records relative to shipping/receiving activities; liaise with clients and stakeholders while responding to related shipping/receiving inquiries; resolve any discrepancies; identify, document and return damaged goods.
- Checks goods to be shipped and evaluates most cost effective and efficient method of transportation; prepare appropriate shipping documentation.
- Coordinate operating logistics for TRU capital asset identification/tag process.
- Coordinate operating logistics for TRU Reuse site.
- Maintains filing systems for documents such as packing slips, courier way-bills, capital assets and Open Learning student orders.
- Prepares records, statistics and documents.
- Accountable for maintaining organized work stations and warehouse operating space.
- Assists Warehouse Supervisor in coordinating processes, procedures and improvement initiatives as they relate to Warehouse operations.
- Coordinates pick-up/delivery and load/unload of TRU assets for disposal and/or short-term storage.
- Supports Warehouse Supervisor with coordinating daily Warehouse operating logistics, including assigning tasks and work to Warehouse staff.
- Delivery/pick up of furniture, stock and equipment on campus as required.
- Coordinates sales and order materials for internal and external stakeholders.
- Performs duties of Mailperson.
- Grade 12, plus ITA Partsperson 3 Red Seal Certification or equivalent
- Current Forklift, Reach Truck, Narrow Aisle Picker, Powered Pallet Truck Certification
- Current Fall Restraint Certification, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) and Dangerous Goods (TDG) Certification
- Class 5 drivers’ license
- Four years’ related experience in a computerized warehousing environment
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE OR ABILITIES RELATED TO THE JOB
- Ability to plan and coordinate warehouse logistics with clients and stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients and stakeholders
- High level organization skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Ability to operate related equipment such as a fork lift and delivery truck
- Intermediate knowledge of electronic receiving, inventory, storage and shipping systems
- Demonstrated ability to be progressive and innovative in material handling activities
- Ability to lift boxes in excess of 25 kg.
- Exposed to heat and cold with the seasons
- Some dangerous goods, dust/dirty conditions and fumes from equipment (trucks, forklifts)
More search results
Legislative Assembly of BC
Procurement manager/Procurement Engineer
Robert Half Canada
Global Sourcing Professional
Gypsum Technologies Inc.
Logistics Business Development Specialist
Horizon Recruitment Inc.