Purchasing Manager, Canada
- CLS Catering Services Ltd.
- Richmond, BC
- Based on experience and qualifications
- Job Category
- Inventory Control - Management, Logistics - Supply Chain Management, Supply Chain and Purchasing
- Job Type
Reporting to the Managing Director, the position leads and manages all activities related to the purchasing, procurement and stores of materials, supplies and services. This includes maintaining relationships and negotiating with vendors, making recommendations regarding cost control, reduction, inventory control and maintenance, and quality improvements, establishing economic order quantities to ensure material flows match production demands, and limiting SKU inventory quantities and waste. The Purchasing Manager, Canada is also responsible for developing Business Plans in conjunction with the Managing Director and ensuring that goals and objectives are realized. In addition, the Purchasing Manager, Canada is responsible for ensuring that the company’s Mission, Vision, Values and Customer and Employee measures of success are achieved, and maintaining compliance with Company policies, and Corporate procurement practices, Canadian procurement codes, contract obligations, and legal requirements.
- Oversees the supervision of personnel which includes work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, motivation, and productivity.
- Develops, or assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the Company to ensure efficient and safe operation of the department across Canada;
- Provides necessary resources to ensure the production of safe and legal products to the requirements of our customers.
- Provides human and financial resources required to produce food in compliance to the requirements of this standard.
- Compares options available, evaluates materials, supplies, vendor options, and proposals, and negotiates and awards bids and proposals.
- Ensures order quantities, specifications, service delivery, and quality match contract/customer specifications and meet production logistics and other requirements of the Company’s business.
- Ensures that the Company receives the best value, market price (or better) for all goods and services, approves all large dollar value purchases, and ensures compliance with appropriate specifications and regulations.
- Ensures that the Purchasing Department business practices are compatible with and adhere to Company policies, industry best practices and Canadian laws.
- Assists in responding to customer inquiries with regards to materials and supplies.
- Manages purchasing programs with suppliers and vendors.
- Participates in the development, implementation, maintenance and evaluation of policies, objectives, short and long-range planning, and develops and implements projects and programs to assist in accomplishing established goals.
- Participates in, or oversees audit compliance. This may include conducting audits.
- Participates in product design/development activities and customer presentations.
- May serve on various business improvement teams and/or committees, as assigned.
- Ensures Purchasing Department maintains alignment and cooperation with other departments, and works cooperatively to achieve business goals.
- Responsible for overall departmental performance including labor cost, controllable expenses, inventory control, record keeping, cleanliness, repairs and maintenance ,food safety, employee safety ,customer and employee satisfaction and adherence to all company and legal requirements.
- Analyses performance metrics creates reports and develops corrective action plans.
- Participates in strategy development, negotiation and adherence with collective agreement and customer contracts.
- Ensures Company’s compliance with all corporate governance requirements and local provincial and federal laws.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Post-secondary education in a related area (business administration, logistics, procurement, etc) and Purchasing Management Association designation (PMAC), or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Previous supervisory experience in a unionized environment is preferred.
- Previous experience in the food production/service industry is preferred.
- Previous experience in managing stores/warehouses is preferred.
- Previous mid to senior level management experience.
- Experience with SAP C-Base is strongly preferred.
- HACCP and Food Safe Certification would be preferred.
- Strong computer skills and experience working with SAP
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives and to delegate tasks
- Solid problem solving skills and ability to coach and mentor others
- Ability to lead and manage complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability and comfort with providing high level leadership and strategy, as well as work on day to day purchasing and stores tasks.
- Strong customer service skills and the flexibility to respond to customer requests, even when they may conflict with supply chains and skews.
- Knowledge of contracting processes, and managing RFP and RFI processes.
- Ability to Lead, supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to negotiate contracts and agreements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Skill in organizing resources, meet time-sensitive deadlines, and establishing priorities.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement strategy, as well as short and long term goals.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to prepare bids, requests for quotes, and proposals in compliance with the company business policies.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
More search results
Make a Future, Careers in BC Education
Pocurement/Supply Chain Manager
IT Architect, Supply Chain Systems
Home Depot of Canada Inc.
Manager, Supply Chain - Direct Fulfillment
Home Depot of Canada Inc.
IT Manager, Supply Chain Systems
Home Depot of Canada Inc.