Program Manager, Category Management Benefits
- BC Hydro - 293859
- Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
- Job Category
- Accounting / Finance, Project Management, Supply Chain and Purchasing
- Job Type
Source: BC Hydro
Job Title: Program Manager, Category Management Benefits
Job Number: BCH-R-7697-210526E1
Job Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
We’re BC Hydro and we have a big job to do.
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities. We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth and a healthy work/life balance. We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of B.C.’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for four years in a row.
It’s our vision is to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all we do.
* Our Supply Chain function is integral to keeping the business running and the lights on. As such, we are transforming our Supply Chain model through the implementation of a full category management capability to better meet the business’ requirements for quality, safety and reliability in what we buy for the best total cost and to ensure mutually beneficial supplier relationships. As the Operations & Enterprise (O&E) Supply Chain group, we are accountable to develop and implement strategies for the key categories that account for over 80% of BC Hydro’s (BCH) annual $2 billion expenditures.
* The mission of the Benefits Program Manager (BPM) is to ensure a strategic and comprehensive approach to category management benefits valuation and reporting. Program management includes: sustainment and continuous improvement of the benefits practice, establishing and managing the benefit reporting plan for category management as a whole, ensuring the application of the practice in a consistent way and managing linkages to other aspects of category management (strategy development, business process improvement, sourcing, contract management, and supplier relationship management) that drive the benefits. The BPM works closely with our Finance team and provides expertise and recommendations to senior leaders, executives and leverages business analytics, financial analysis and modelling to support the estimation, forecasting and reporting of benefits. The outcomes from benefits valuation and reporting ensures BC Hydro demonstrates value, including being smart about what and how we buy from whom and in how we work with our suppliers in order to deliver on our vision, mission and corporate priorities.
* The BPM works closely with the Category Management leadership team, practice leads, finance and business leaders throughout the organization. This role provides leadership, coaching, mentoring, guidance, and support cross-functionally to others including: category leads, business improvement advisors, project managers and others that play key roles in improving BC Hydro’s supply chain management, as well as, manages contractors as needed.
* Our ideal candidate knows the importance of profiling the impact of successful strategies, improvement initiatives and showcasing the success of teams. They are able to plan and understand how to prioritize to effectively run a program with multiple inputs and outputs according to schedule while finding solutions to deal with the inevitable challenges that arise. They are forward thinking and collaboratively create insights and “aha’ moments by thinking broadly and deeply and considers the overall big picture. Naturally curious, they test thinking and understand that the future is not limited by the past and present and anticipates future impacts. They are exceptional at business and financial modelling, qualitative/quantitative analysis, performance measurement and visual presentment of technical and financial insights to a broad audience.
* The successful candidate is a team player, collaborator with a growth mindset, comfortable with ambiguity, able to stay calm and focused in pressured situations. They calibrate their excellent communications and facilitation skills to engage people at all levels to work effectively towards desired outcomes.
High Level Outcomes: 1. Lead and champion of structured benefits management practice for Category Management through continuous improvement, technology, data/analytics and systems advancement.
2. Lead and coordinate benefits program work plan while working collaboratively across the organization to develop and manage plans for annual benefits valuation and reporting cycles.
3. Key technical advisor to senior leaders and executive on structured benefits identification, valuation and standards.
4. Trusted expert accelerates knowledge transfer and strategic guidance on engagement, structured identification, valuation and reporting of benefits.
• University degree Bachelor’s (MBA or Master’s or other additional education preferred)
• Minimum of 8 years related business/finance experience that could include a combination of financial analysis, business analytics/performance metrics, business case development, strategic analysis or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• In-depth knowledge and experience with analytical tools, financial modeling, visual presentment and translating data and insights into business reporting and decision documents.
• Experience working in a team environment that is complex, with multiple stakeholders and strategic considerations.
• Experience coaching, mentoring and providing leadership.
• Experience with program planning and management, preferred.
• Experience with creating, maintaining and sustaining business processes in a multi-stakeholder environment, preferred.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by June 17, 2021.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We act with integrity.
We respect our province.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.