Manager, Railcar Fleet (21-14)
Canpotex is hiring a Manager, Railcar Fleet (21-14) to join the Operations team in our Saskatoon office.
What you will do:
• Provides safe and cost-effective management of the Canpotex railcar fleet including the operation of the Railcar Maintenance Facility, near Guernsey Saskatchewan.
• Proactively develops and implements strategic and tactical plans, programs and processes that ensure achievement of the facility’s safety, quality, delivery, and cost objectives for the overall performance of the Railcar Maintenance Facility.
• Responsible for managing the maintenance, repair and regulatory compliance of railcars while ensuring railcars meet quality, regulatory, utilization and safety standards such as Transport Canada, FRA and AAR.
• Prepares and analyzes relevant data (costs, maintenance history, fleet productivity etc.) and create corresponding KPIs which align with corporate performance requirements.
• Drives continuous improvement efforts throughout the facility operation, using industry best practices while ensuring cost efficiency.
• Oversees and monitors the rail car fleet maintenance program including routine and preventative maintenance and other key aspects. Including the investigation, root cause determination and ensuring all railcar leases are being adhered to for maintenance.
• Partners with the operations team to manage all safety efforts related to Canpotex's Railcar Maintenance Facility and Canpotex's fleet.
What you will bring:
• Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or a related field.
• Minimum five to seven years’ experience in railcar operations, maintenance and management.
• Previous mechanical engineering work or experience in fleet optimization is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of railroad regulations and industry best practices pertaining to railcar repair/fabrication, maintenance/design, and applicable standards.
• Ability to interpret and evaluate engineering drawings and regulatory codes.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Who you are:
• Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written coupled with the ability to manage conflict and diffuse situations appropriately while maintaining positive working relationships.
• Proficient in technology including electronic records maintenance and the ability to provide internal analysis of fleet maintenance.
• Strong critical thinking skills, including conceptualizing, analyzing, synthesizing, and evaluating information to continually improve processes.
• Strong analytical and decision-making skills with ability to make executive decisions in short time frames and with limited information.
• Ability to work approximately 20% of the time at the Railcar Maintenance Facility located in Guernsey, SK.
Who we are:
Canpotex is one of the world's largest suppliers of potash overseas. On behalf of our Shareholders, Mosaic and Nutrien, we market and deliver Saskatchewan potash, a valuable fertilizer nutrient, to millions of fields and farmers, helping the world grow more food.
We would like to hear from you! Please apply online by June16, 2021.
We thank all candidates for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To stay connected follow us on LinkedIn.