- Shearwater Research Inc.
- Richmond, BC
- Commensurate with Experience
- Job Category
- Inventory Control - Management, Logistics - Supply Chain Management, Supply Chain and Purchasing
- Job Type
Shearwater Research is a privately held, profitable technology company which is the world leader in the field of technical diving computers and rebreather oxygen controllers. Based in Richmond, British Columbia, we have dealers in over 70 countries, and service centers in Canada, USA, UK, and New Zealand. We take pride in our corporate culture of high energy excellence, with self-managed professionals who thrive in delivering results in a tangible, visible manner. We are a fast growing company with a very bright future.
We provide a culture that embraces innovation, passion, and performance excellence. We offer professional growth opportunities and a dynamic, informal, and engaging workplace. Join our team and enjoy an inspiring environment, where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life. We invite you to check us out at www.shearwater.com
- To ensure raw materials are purchased in a timely manner to meet the foreseeable production schedule, sales demand and with the right quality.
- To drive continuous improvement in Supply Chain Excellence by ensuring raw materials are purchased for the lowest cost of ownership.
- To improve supplier performance through tracking and reporting on Supply Chain metrics and holding suppliers accountable to new CAPA processes
This position reports directly to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Office 365 suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Planner, SharePoint and Outlook
- Issue View
- BOM Explorer
- Computer and printer
Working alongside our current Buyers and Supply Chain Manager, this position will have the following responsibilities:
Manage Category Purchasing:
- Will be responsible for running of MRP, exception report, late report, vendor visits etc. for your categories of raw materials (includes approx. 250 parts). The range of categories may include:
- Injection Molded Parts
- CNC parts
- Printed Circuit Assemblies
- Springs/Metalwork and gold plating
- Accessories for finished products
Assist with Quality Control Issues and CAPAs:
- Communicating the failure results to vendors
- Ensuring that parts are sent back for rework/repair and scheduling when replacement parts will be sent back
- Ensuring the inventory in the ERP system is accurate
- Engaging the vendor in the CAPA process to ensure proper actions are taken by the vendor to prevent further issues from happening again
Drive Supply Chain Excellence in your category thru various projects:
- Engaging in strategic sourcing or vendor consolidation projects
- Manage and improve Category and Supplier Performance Evaluations
- Improve operating margin and reducing COGS
- Increase inventory turns
Other important tasks related to Category Purchasing you will be asked to assist in:
- Supplier on-boarding and visits
- Periodic re-order point review and adjustment
- Engineering change notice (ECN) updates to parts in your categories
- Inventory discrepancy investigations
- Updating SOPs to match current processes
New Product Initiatives
- Leading the purchasing tasks for a new product initiative from concept in Engineering through full production ramp-up and ongoing manufacturing
Over time we expect the person in this role to develop into a successful backup for our current staff and increased responsibilities are possible with proven excellence in the role.
- Attend and host meetings as required:
- Daily Purchasing Huddles
- Supply Chain meeting
- Vendor visits
- Coaching meeting with the manager
- Ad-hoc improvement meetings
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
If you are interested or know someone who is, please send the resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To keep all employees safe, we are following all government guidelines and providing everyone with face masks, gloves, sanitizer, as well as physical distancing.