Exhibition Place is Canada’s largest entertainment venue, attracting over 5.5 million visitors a year. The 192-acre site is an integral component of Toronto and Ontario’s economy, particularly with respect to conventions, sport, festivals, recreation, culture, and tourism. Located at Exhibition Place is the award-winning Enercare Centre, Canada’s largest exhibition and convention centre which is now LEED Platinum certified, and Beanfield Centre conference venue which is LEED Silver certified. Since 2004, Exhibition Place has undertaken an environmental stewardship initiative, entitled GREENSmart; which includes the promotion of sustainable development, environmental initiatives, and leading edge green technologies and practices across the site. Our environmental initiatives have resulted in award-winning recognition across North America, such as the Platinum Waste Minimization Award from the Recycling Council of Canada, and have established Exhibition Place as a world leader in energy-efficient technologies.
Our compensation package offers a competitive salary and pay-for-performance incentives. In addition, our total rewards program includes participation in OMERS - defined contribution pension plan, 100% employer paid health & dental plan, long term & short-term disability coverage, professional development opportunities, and tuition reimbursement.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer & Corporate Secretary, the Purchasing Manager will manage all aspects of Purchasing Services.
- As a member of the management team, provide leadership and assist with strategic objectives.
- Supervise, plan and coordinate work assignments and the administration of purchasing and stores services.
- Conduct procurements in accordance with the prevailing standards and policies of the City and the Board.
- Identify operational needs and recommend the establishments of blanket orders.
- Research and prepare purchasing documents including Request for Proposals, Requests for Quotations, and Requests for Interest, and administer and manage in the evaluation process including drafting of Board reports.
- Coordinate with the Manager, Capital Works to attend tender openings and meet all requirements of the Exhibition Place capital tendering process.
- Develop and monitor an annual operating budget for the division.
- Maintain and monitor inventory assets.
- Oversee the expenditure control of blanket orders.
- Coordinate the disposition of surplus assets.
- Oversee the development and management of the leasable equipment list.
- Oversee allocation of fuel dispensing cards, review and allocate fuel costs.
- Liaise with City of Toronto Purchasing Management Materials Division.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (CSCMP) designation or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience managing purchasing functions.
- Experience in managing staff in a purchasing environment.
- Experience utilizing software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, and electronic mail).
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written at all organizational levels.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to interpret related Acts and regulations governing the public purchasing function.
- Working knowledge of manual/automated inventory control practices and procedures.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion:
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position, due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, please email us quoting the job title and closing date. Exhibition Place is committed to providing Code-protection accommodation throughout its hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted