Manager, Corporate Services
- Surrey Schools SD 36
- Surrey, BC
- Job Category
- Supply Chain and Purchasing
- Job Type
MANAGER, CORPORATE SERVICES
Serving a diverse multicultural urban centre, Surrey Schools, recipient of the BC's Top Employer and BC Greenest Employer awards, is a progressive district offering a broad range of innovative programs and services to support the learning of our students and staff. Spread across one of the largest and fastest growing cities in British Columbia, we are the city’s second largest employer. Surrey Schools is also the largest school District in British Columbia and serves the City of White Rock, Surrey and the rural area of Barnston Island. We provide quality education to over 75,000 students with 130 schools and other facilities with an annual budget of over $800 million and more than 12,000 employees.
The District is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Manager, Corporate Services. This position reports to the Associate Director, Procurement and Corporate Services.
The Corporate Services department supplies and maintains furniture and equipment for all schools with the goal of cost effectively providing engaging, reliable and safe learning environments for students.
The Manager, Corporate Services is responsible for overseeing, directing and providing leadership for all department operations including staff supervision. The department operating budget is approximately $3 million annually plus capital budget allocations for new schools and school additions scheduled for occupancy each year.
A key department objective for the coming year is to implement an electronic asset management database allowing for the development of 5-year budgets and plans for the maintenance and replacement of all asset categories.
- Leadership of a team comprised of 3 direct reports;
- Development and implementation of short- and long-term objectives and strategic plans for the supply, maintenance, replacement and disposal of furniture and equipment necessary for the efficient daily operation of schools and classrooms;
- Formulation of and adherence to policies, regulations, procedures and processes that ensure Corporate Services activities achieve optimum value for money, provide high levels of customer service and deliver efficient results while achieving end user and organizational objectives;
- Utilization of continuous improvement methodologies to measure and improve department operations and the effectiveness of asset management programs and customer service initiatives;
- Working collaboratively with the Purchasing department to ensure compliance with applicable legal, treaty and ethical requirements;
- Final decision maker for staffing decisions including staffing levels and disciplinary matters;
- Continuously manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure their cooperation in planning and execution of Corporate Services strategy related to their departments and schools.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Professional accreditation (SCMP) in good standing; OR Bachelor Degree in Business or equivalent;
- Familiarity with public sector procurement law and practices;
- Demonstrated ability to influence and deal tactfully and confidentially with internal and external stakeholders in a dynamic environment;
- Experience designing and implementing technology solutions to improve department operating efficiency including the use of Key Performance Indicators for measuring and continuously improving service quality;
- Minimum five years of previous Management/Supervisory experience. Proven ability to lead, manage and develop people and to build collaborative relationships easily;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to be creative, prioritize projects, make decisions and facilitate resolution of issues;
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to problems.
Interested and qualified applicants can apply via https://bit.ly/36R2KbS by including resume with supporting documentation, references and cover letter, by 4:00pm Tuesday August 3, 2021.
Note: The successful applicant will be required to consent to a Criminal Record Search prior to employment. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. To all others, thank you for your interest.