Senior Procurement Officer
- City of Whitehorse
- Whitehorse, Yukon
- Job Type
Job Title: Officer, Senior Procurement
Division: Corporate Services
Department: Financial Services
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
This position coordinates, prepares, monitors, and maintains the procurement of materials, supplies, equipment, and contractual services.
- Provide research, administrative and technical support to staff on the procurement of goods and services to ensure accuracy, timeliness of information and compliance with governing legislation, policies and procedures
- Provide support in preparation, processing and maintenance of procurement instruments in accordance with internal controls and relevant legislation. Conduct initial needs assessment and determination relating to the use of tenders, RFP, RFQ, local purchase orders, etc.
- Coordinate, participate and/or process various procurement activities including bid openings, change orders, security deposits, progress payments, etc.
- Assist with the administration of annual service and supply contracts
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships
- Maintain the procurement computerized system
- Liaise with suppliers and staff on matters relating to procurement, internal controls and relevant legislation
- Coordinate delivery schedules, monitor progress and liaise with clients and suppliers to resolve issues
- Coordinate asset disposals from a financial perspective
- Provide input and maintain relevant policies and procedures including contract administration manual and procurement templates
- Maintain electronic and manual procurement records. Maintain and update the procurement section on the City’s website
- Act as Supervisor, Procurement as assigned
- Follow, so far as is reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards
- Other related duties
- The majority of the work is performed under normal office conditions
Knowledge and skills
- Degree in Business Administration plus Supply Chain Management designation
- 5 years’ progressive experience with a focus on contract administration and 6 months of on-the-job training
- Proven skills working with computerized financial systems software
- Excellent organizational skills, prioritizing and ability to multitasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work and maintain accuracy under pressure and to meet critical deadlines
- Strong research, client service orientation and good interpersonal skills
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- Ability to foster and maintain effective relationships among peers and/or stakeholders
For more information about the City of Whitehorse, visit their website at www.whitehorse.ca.
If you are an individual who aspires to bring their innovative vision and strategic leadership to the role of Senior Procurement Officer at the City of Whitehorse, please contact Jeff for more information.