Director of Supply Chain
We are a growing company, having locations across Canada with our head office located in Winnipeg Manitoba. We are a family-owned holding Company dedicated to helping the Canadian automotive industry. We work very hard every day as a Team to make the TED Group the largest and most respected family owned and operated PBE Jobber Business in North America. We are currently looking for a Director of Supply Chain to join the TED Group team to lead, develop and support our supply chain department.
Working directly at our Winnipeg warehouse location the Director of Supply Chain will lead a team, comprised of procurement, warehouse, and logistics professionals, focused on maximizing opportunities while continuously improving customer service, productivity, quality, and the efficiency of the operations. The Director will create, monitor, and evaluate procure-to pay supply chain strategies, tools, and objectives including, but not limited to, demand planning/forecasting, procurement of goods, inventory control, and transportation. They will play a key role in developing the long-term vision of the department while still managing the day-to-day supply chain operations.
• Set the annual objectives for all managed departments.
• Create, track, and report on all relevant KPI’s.
• Develop, implement, and monitor systems, processes, and procedures.
• Oversee the inbound/outbound flow of goods including transportation costs.
• Optimize inventory levels through forecasting and seasonal analysis.
• Create and improve supply chain strategies to reduce the total cost of ownership.
• Champion the category planning process, in conjunction with the Sales team.
• Direct the prioritization of work (category plans, RFx events, contracts).
• Lead the root cause analysis for supply chain issues/variances to implement corrective/preventative action plans to avoid reoccurrence. • Conduct regular meetings with relevant stakeholders.
• Provide exceptional customer service and response time.
• Monitor and manage operational costs and financial activities while providing insight, expertise, and suggestions to the leadership team.
• Lead negotiations with suppliers when necessary.
• Develop and maintain a supplier evaluation program.
• Implement the company’s pricing strategy. • Hire, train, coach, evaluate, and mentor direct reports.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and standards.
• Identify and mitigate potential risks.
• Work collaboratively with other departments to meet and exceed the Company and Customer’s goals.
• Ensure a safe working environment. • Other duties as required, based on business requirements.
▪ SCMP or equivalent designation.
▪ Minimum 5 years’ experience managing supply chain departments with preference given to candidates with distribution and/or automotive refinish experience.
▪ Proven ability to lead and coach.
▪ Experience with ERP systems.
▪ Analytical mindset with the ability to make key decisions.
▪ Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
▪ Strong negotiating skills.
▪ Ability to manage in a complex, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
▪ Ability to travel, both nationally & internationally (roughly 10%).
▪ Ability to work in an office and warehouse environment noting that it can be noisy at times
▪ Interactions with employees, various management levels, Customers and Vendors professionally. Creating and maintaining positive working relationships.
▪ Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
▪ Overtime as required.
How to Apply:
• Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Posting close – September 10th, 2021
The TED Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer; we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We offer competitive industry salaries with a comprehensive group benefit plan. If this sounds like the perfect role and organization for you, we encourage you to apply. We thank all candidates in advance, however only those selected for an interview
More search results
Senior Director, Supply Chain
Xenon Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Director, Procure to Pay Services
Dalhousie University Financial Services
Ocean Import Agent
PROCUREMENT AND INVENTORY MANAGER
Government of Bermuda
G.P. SPEEDY DELIVERY HOTSHOT SERVICE LTD.