Who we are:
Response Biomedical Corp. has been transforming acute care diagnostic testing, with the central focus on improving patient outcomes and healthcare reform for over 20 years. Response Biomedical fosters a values-based culture, committed to making diversity and inclusion our way of doing business. We believe the people we work with including our partners, medical teams, and employees are the cornerstone of our success.
What we do:
Our RAMP platform is a global leader in diagnostic testing solutions for use in cardiovascular, infectious disease, sepsis, women’s health, arbovirus, and biodefense. We understand the stresses associated with rapid, accurate diagnosis when every minute counts, and are committed to collaborating with the teams that are dedicated to saving lives. We do this by providing lab-quality results within minutes that medical teams can trust, while reducing total cost of care.
Who are we looking for:
We are seeking for a motivated, dynamic, solutions-focused, and detailed-oriented individual to join our Supply Chain Team. The Procurement Specialist is a key role in executing our strategic goals for Supply Chain Management. The position’s key objectives will be achieving and improving service levels, managing inventory levels and targets, and balancing inventory needs. This person will also be the Supply Chain SME in the NPI and EOL processes
We are looking for someone who has:
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- The ability to balance short term priorities and exceptional analytical skills
- The ability to make a sound decision using critical thinking
- Plan and execute procurement of raw materials, services etc.
- Maintain strong working relationships and communication with manufacturing and key suppliers to confirm production/shipping schedules and monitor open purchase orders for all orders to ensure on-time deliveries
- Participate in Supplier Selection Teams and Supplier Quality Initiatives
- Manage SCAR processing and resolution with the supplier
- Negotiate terms with suppliers such as price, quality of goods, deadlines, expectations, etc.
- Prepare purchase orders and maintain purchasing records
- Key driver for supplier approval & monitoring process and maintenance other regulatory documentation requirements
- Support sourcing alternate parts that are end of life or with longer than usual lead time
- Monitor incoming shipments from suppliers
- Resolve delivery/ freight issues, quality issues with suppliers and invoicing discrepancies
- Analyze and own MRP, Source list, Part master/parameters
- Manage inventory, including disposition of excess and obsolete inventory
- Balance inventory target with warehouse capacity
- Provide support to Customer Service team, Sales team, Product development with business and product strategy
- Lead and participate on EOL projects
Education, Work Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
· Post secondary education in Operations, Inventory or Purchasing Management
· PMAC or ISM or APICs or similar certification is a must
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive planning /purchasing experience preferably within the electronics industry and/or Biotech Manufacturing
- Experience in negotiating with suppliers
- Proven experience in managing and building relationships with the suppliers
Skills & Knowledge
- ERP system experience within a Supply Chain environment including purchasing and inventory
- Aptitude for problem solving and troubleshooting
- Proficient understanding of all levels of the supply chain processes (e.g., inventory management, procurement, logistics etc.)
- Analytical mindset coupled with strong business acumen
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding organizational and management skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Can work and execute task under pressure
We regret that relocation will not be provided
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
We're committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications.
More search results
Senior Director, Supply Chain
Xenon Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Director, Procure to Pay Services
Dalhousie University Financial Services
Ocean Import Agent
PROCUREMENT AND INVENTORY MANAGER
Government of Bermuda
G.P. SPEEDY DELIVERY HOTSHOT SERVICE LTD.