- BE Power Equipment
- Abbotsford, BC
- Job Category
- Manufacturing, Distribution - Warehousing and Order Processing, Logistics - Supply Chain Management, Operations and Demand Forecasting, Supply Chain and Purchasing
- Job Type
About the Company
BE Power Equipment is a leading manufacturer of pressure washers, air compressors, generators and water pumps serving industrial markets in over 30 countries. Headquartered in Abbotsford, BC, our third generation, family-owned business is focused on designing quality products and delivering exceptional service.
This year BE Power Equipment was announced as a winner of Canada's Best Managed Companies for 2021 program held annually by Deloitte! This prestigious recognition is a testament to BE’s strong leadership and our commitment on creating an inclusive workplace to achieve our shared goals.
Why work at BE?
- Flexible work hours
- Group medical and dental benefits/ insurance
- Matching RRSP program
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Training and development opportunities
- Strong culture to promote from within
- Modern, well-equipped environment with excellent staff facilities
- Regular team building and social events – come enjoy everything from pizza and food truck lunches to our annual holiday party.
About the Role
Procurement Specialist reports to the Supply Chain Manager and is responsible for processing procurement transactions and purchasing reviews. This role will be required to conduct purchasing, purchasing reviews and procurement requests from various departments, process purchase requisitions, and maintain a computerized inventory and purchasing system.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Source and procure materials, services, supplies, and other commodities as required by the business.
- Assist with negotiating terms with suppliers such as price, quality of goods, deadlines, expectations, etc.
- Monitor and maintain relationships with vendors.
- Monitor overseas production schedules; issue and expedite all purchase orders with existing vendors
- Negotiates delivery requirements, and quantities with suppliers.
- Stays in touch with third parties to ensure supplies and equipment are correct and available on time.
- Manage inventory and purchasing of low critical items as well as facility consumables.
- Other duties as required
The successful candidate must demonstrate:
- College/University degree in Supply Chain, Operations or similar disciplines preferred
- APICS certification preferred
- 3-5 experience in purchasing/procurement preferred
- Experience with LEAN Manufacturing would be an asset
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and mathematical skills and abilities
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to focus on spreadsheets and worksheets in a busy environment
- Proficient with Microsoft suite, in particular, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to be assertive and respectful
- Strong organizational, multitasking and prioritizing abilities
- Positive can-do and results driven attitude
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and handle issues that arise in a logical and methodical manner
- Ability to meet deadlines and maintain purchasing through a pre-defined schedule
This role is based at our headquarters in Abbotsford, BC.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Supply Chain Specialist
BE Power Equipment
Business Improvement Advisor- Category Management
BC Hydro - 293859
Director of Logistics & Facilities
Air and Ocean Logistics Coordinator
Near North Customs Brokers Inc.