Bilingual Distributor Manager, Eastern Canada
We are looking for an Eastern Canada Distributor Manager based at our Brampton Office or remotely in the province of Quebec reporting into the Manager, Ice Cream Route to Market. The primary purpose of the Eastern Canada(Quebec/Atlantic) Distributor Manager is to manage all aspects of the day-to-day distributor operations to optimize and deliver best in class RTM (route-to-market) at the lowest cost, with a focus on efficiencies, compliance and Distributor development. The successful incumbent will leverage the Distributor network strategically to enable future RTM optimization and growth opportunities while ensuring the most efficient DSD (direct-store-delivery) frequencies along with adherence to Nestle Customer Terms and Conditions.
A day in the life of an Eastern Canada Distributor Manager
As a Distributor Manager, you will lead RTM Excellence within Eastern Canada Ice Cream through third party distributor management by ensuring that our deliveries are on time and complete, within Quality Standards and following Nestlé and our Customer’s Policies. Continuous Improvement will be a top priority and will include successful implementing/maintaining processes such as Buy Sell business hierarchy, 100% accurate pricing or identifying digitization improvements within data collection.
You will also be responsible for:
The achievement of annually targeted growth within the Distributor Network
- Conduct monthly distributor business reviews
- Regular Market tours to ensure everyday market ready
- Enable distributor territory growth
- Timely execution of all Nestlé in the Market (NiM) selling initiatives
- Distributor contracts and rate agreements signed and retained as per Nestle standards and audit requirements
- Fully compliant distributor model
Distributor Regional Business development communication
- Fully administered distributor selling program.
- Timely communication of distributor sales incentives and of season ready plans
- Timely buy/sell conversion as required
Operating Expense Management and Cost Savings
- Development of annual Business Plans
- Control and management of budgets and payables
- Cost Centre timely management
- Fully completed Monthly accruals
- Cost effective management and negotiations of all Distributors
- Oversee and manage secondary line-haul freight activities and cost
- Cost effective management and negotiations of all cross dock agreements.
- Strategic management of all 3rd Party Buy Sell Business
- Deliver annual cost savings, reductions and/or War on Waste
Deliver Best in-class Health, Safety, Security and Environmental compliance DSD network.
- Distributor network Health and Safety training fully compliant
- Targeted carbon footprint initiatives and timely reporting
- Fully compliant in all Security protocols
- Annual Distributor sign-offs of Insurance, CVOR and NCI supplier compliance documents
What will make you successful
As the successful candidate, you will need to be Customer-focused while also be able to build strong relationships with Internal and External stakeholders. You will be result focused, pro-active, a problem-solver while also having strong analytical skills. You will also require:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, engineering, Supply Chain or a related field) or the equivalent combination of education.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in Supply Chain, specifically in senior distribution roles in a DSD (Direct Store Delivery) environment.
- Bilingual in French and English is required.
- Strong technical and analytical aptitude
- Team player, with demonstrated ability to work effectively across all functions and levels of the organization: proactively resolving and escalating issues to key stakeholders as required.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented with proven leadership capabilities.
- Experience in implementing LEAN concepts and tools.
We have a friendly, supportive team with a coaching and mentoring environment. There are real opportunities for future development and progression – this really could be a move towards the exciting Supply Chain career you’ve always wanted.
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestle including a comprehensive total rewards benefits package including Health and Dental benefits that start on day one as well as a Company matched retirement savings plan, Excellent training and development programs as well as opportunities to grow within the company.
We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Nestlé will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.
More search results
Operations Analyst (22-03)
Supply Chain Analyst, Sales & Operations Planning…
Program Analyst - Supply Chain (12 months Contrac…
Logistics supervisor - transportation
101238793 Saskatchewan Limited O/A Johal Roadlines