- Mission School District, SD75
- Mission, BC
- Job Category
- Logistics - Supply Chain Management
- Job Type
MISSION PUBLIC SCHOOLS
This position is responsible for assessing needs, sourcing detailed specifications, utilizing appropriate RFX processes, and negotiating contracts. The position interprets and analyzes confidential bidding information, and awards contracts, based on specific evaluation criteria. Close attention to detail, and independence of judgement based on a good understanding of purchasing practices and policies, is required. This is a union position.
- Completion of grade 12;
- SCMA Designation;
- A valid class 5 Driver’s license;
- A clear criminal record review, to be updated every five (5) years.
- A minimum of 3 years of recent and relevant experience.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills;
- The ability to perform a variety of tasks effectively, despite interruptions, and the ability to prioritize tasks and manage significant paper flow;
- Superior attention to detail and the ability to prepare accurate correspondence and reports;
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written;
- Solid working knowledge of the RFX processes, and the appropriate use of various competitive bidding procedures;
- Ability to interpret and apply the relevant purchasing policies, procedures, and regulations governing the purchase of goods and services in the School District;
- Proficient with the use of word processing, spreadsheet, and electronic communication applications;
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and other restrictive time pressures;
- Ability to work co-operatively and collaboratively in order to maintain effective working relationships.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of school district operations, policies, and procedures;
- Working knowledge of Power School purchasing software.
Applications with supporting documentation must be received by the undersigned by 4:00pm,
March 20, 2019.
Raman Dhaliwal: email@example.com
Mission Public Schools
33046 4th Avenue
Mission, B.C. V2V 1S5
Although the interest of all applicants is appreciated, please be advised that only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.