Supplier Management Practice Lead
Source: BC Hydro
Job Title: Supplier Management Practice Lead
Job Number: BCH-T-2970-220615E1
Job Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Powered by water... and by people like you
Providing clean electricity to 4 million customers takes a diverse workforce and that’s where you come in. We need your talent to help us build major projects to meet growing demand. To help our customers find clean energy solutions for their homes and businesses and to be ready to respond during storms and outages to keep our system reliable.
Working for BC Hydro is meaningful. And now, the stakes have been raised as we work towards a solution to climate change while safely providing clean, affordable electricity to our customers.
We offer a healthy work life balance, training opportunities and career progression. We're proud to be ranked as one of B.C.'s Top Employers and one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers. Join us as we build an even cleaner B.C.
* Our Supply Chain function is integral to keeping the business running and the lights on. As such, we are transforming our Supply Chain model through the implementation of a full category management capability to better meet the business’ requirements for quality, safety and reliability in what we buy for the best total cost and to ensure mutually beneficial supplier relationships. As the Operations & Enterprise Supply Chain group, we are accountable to develop and implement strategies for the key categories that account for over 80% of BC Hydro’s annual $2 billion expenditures.
* The mission of the Supplier Management Practice Lead is to ensure the Supplier Relationship Management and Contract Management Practices are built, sustained, and continuously improved while integrating with all Category Management Practices, Portfolio Teams, Supply Chain capabilities, and BC Hydro business processes to realize the full vision of the Supply Chain model and drive optimal value for BC Hydro. The SMPL will work closely with the Category Management Leadership Team and Practice Leads, Supply Chain managers, and business leaders throughout the organization.
* This role will provide leadership, coaching, guidance, and support cross-functionally to category leads, other practice leads and to various roles throughout BC Hydro that play a part in driving benefits for BC Hydro through successful implementation of supplier management, as well as leading a small team of contractors and direct reports.
High Level Outcomes:
1. Creates and advances the maturity of Supplier Relationship Management and Contract Management Practices to drive optimal value (including people, process, technology and governance elements and integration with other practices). This temporary position will drive the continued adoption of a consistent approach to contract performance management across BC Hydro.
2. Provide strategic guidance to Category Teams and others (CatMan Leadership, Senior BCH Leaders and Executives) with respect to ensuring the consistent implementation of the Supplier Relationship Management and Contract Management Practice in Supply Chain, Business Groups, and with specific contracts and suppliers.
3. Ensures the Supplier Relationship Management and Contract Management Practice is integrated with other practices within Category Management and around BC Hydro to ensure BC Hydro achieves optimal benefit realization. Provides tracking and reporting to support understanding of overall BCH supplier/contract performance and value generated through Supplier Relationship Management and Contract Management practices.
4. Manages a small team of senior procurement professionals in the delivery of initiatives within supplier relationship and contract management programs.
5. Champion effectiveness and efficiency through continuous learning and development, technology, data/analytics and systems advancement.
• University degree Bachelor’s (MBA or Master’s or other additional education preferred)
• Minimum 8 years related business/supply chain experience that could include a combination of strategic business planning, complex sourcing, supplier management, contract management and/or business change implementation or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Demonstrated knowledge and results in creating, maintaining, and sustaining business processes in a multi-stakeholder environment
• Experience working in a project-based environment that has aspects similar to a start-up and evolving it into sustainment
• Experience working in a team environment that is complex, with multiple stakeholders and strategic considerations
• Experience coaching and providing leadership
• Experience with program design and management, preferred
In addition to BC Hydro’s P4 competencies which are: Strategic Thinking, Execution and Working Smart, People Leadership, Relationship Development and Collaboration, Communication and presence, & Self-Management (please see link), additional competencies/abilities/skills are:
• Planning and Program management: Establishes plans through an interactive thinking and organizing process that builds clarity with respect to goal(s) and what is required to achieve the goal(s) and outcomes. Actively manages the plan using project management approaches (tools, processes, terms, etc.), secure resources, progress communications and issues resolution for timely implementation.
• Business Acumen: Understanding of BC Hydro’s business context. Able to accurately assess complex Hydro needs and understand how the Category Management practice can address those needs. Apply sound judgement and pragmatic approach to achieve required progress and grow the Category Management practice.
• Quick Learner with Growth Mindset: Openness and willingness to continue to grow and learn.
Embraces challenges, persists in the face of setbacks, sees effort as a path to mastery, learns from and integrates feedback, finds lessons and inspiration in the success of others.
• Results-oriented influencer: Always has the outcome and objectives in mind, confident and adept at shifting the thoughts, attitudes and behaviors of others.
* This is Full-Time Temporary position for approximately 15 months.
* Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered for a lower level role (P3)
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by July 5, 2022.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We include everyone.
We act with integrity and respect.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
We include everyone. We welcome applications from anyone, including members of visible minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at BC Hydro. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at Recruitmenthelp@BCHydro.com .