Delta School District 37
This competition is open to all INTERNAL and EXTERNAL candidates.
Position: Senior Buyer
Location/Dept: Board Office
Hours: 35.00, Monday-Friday/12 Months
Start Date: As soon as possible
Term of Employment: Continuing
Salary: $31.49 per hour
Posted: JUNE 17, 2022
Application Deadline: 4:00 P.M. PST, FRIDAY, JULY 01, 2022
SUMMARY: (Please refer to Microsoft Teams for full class specifications)
Reporting to the Manager of Procurement, the Senior Buyer performs work relating to the procurement of a wide variety of goods, materials, services, and equipment of a high dollar value and of a complex nature for the School District.
- Successful completion of a Secondary School graduation program or equivalent. Completion of Courses in Supply Management and/or enrollment in Supply Chain Management Professional Program (or equivalent experience).
- Completion of office administration program/courses equivalent to 12 months training including accounting and computer application courses.
- Four years of recent purchasing experience with direct involvement in competitive tendering practices including selecting competitive process, preparation of documents, bid handling, analysis, award, and maintenance; or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in a public sector setting.
- Knowledge of purchasing practices and applicable trade agreements within public procurement. Advanced skills using standard office software programs including Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook. Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills. Able to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Able to work independently and take initiative. Physically able to perform the duties of the position. Able to operate a variety of office equipment.
- Knowledge of WorkSafe and WHMIS regulations.
External applicants must apply through the Make A Future site at www.makeafuture.ca or https://bit.ly/39uVI1C
Emailed or faxed applications will not be accepted.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.