NFI Group - Commodity Manager
- NFI Group
- Winnipeg, MB
- Job Category
- Manufacturing, Transportation
- Job Type
NFI is a leading global bus manufacturer of mass mobility solutions under the brands New Flyer® (heavy-duty transit buses), MCI® (motor coaches), Alexander Dennis Limited (single and double-deck buses), Plaxton (motor coaches), ARBOC® (low-floor cutaway and medium-duty buses), and NFI Parts™. NFI currently offers the widest range of sustainable drive systems available, including zero-emission electric (trolley, battery, and fuel cell), natural gas, electric hybrid, and clean diesel. In total, NFI supports its installed base in our buses and coaches around the world. Further information is available at www.nfigroup.com.
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Sourcing, the Commodity Manager will be responsible for managing all supplier relationships within assigned commodities. They will also be responsible for executing new sourcing strategies for assigned commodities and identifying and managing cost reduction initiatives within the assigned commodities.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develops and executes supply strategies for assigned commodities.
- Keeps abreast of and suggests implementation of new technologies and innovations brought forth by suppliers to provide cost reductions and product improvements.
- Identifies, selects, and develops suppliers based on the requirements of New Flyer considering all aspects including cost and quality.
- Develops, manages, promotes, and improves strategic alliances and relationships with suppliers under commodity responsibility.
- Works to develops effective partnerships with strategic suppliers and leads resolution of business issues with assigned suppliers as required.
- Manages the Negotiation of all annual pricing, long term agreement’s (LTA’s) and tooling costs with suppliers.
- Keeps informed of market trends and cost drivers relative to materials and components and makes recommendations designed to reduce the costs and improve methods for commodities under his responsibility.
- Performs spend analysis and market testing to identify opportunity areas for cost reduction.
- Conducts regular business and performance reviews with suppliers’ management to assess and evaluate their means of ensuring continuous improvement in quality and cost savings.
- Project manages the evaluation, certification, and implementation of new suppliers.
- Assists the Director, Strategic Sourcing in the preparation of reports and presentations for Senior Management.
- Supports the Sourcing department to ensure Buy America, New York content, Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Goals, and other regulatory compliance.
- Performs Supplier Risk Assessments on assigned suppliers to support company Supplier Risk management program.
- Reviews purchase price variance (PPV).
- Ensures all new parts in assigned commodity area are receiving best pricing.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- University degree in related field preferred. Completion of SCMP or other purchasing education preferred. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum 3 years of senior purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven skills of effective negotiation and relationship building.
- Strong analytical skills combined with effective negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on relationship building.
Less than 5% of travel is required for this position.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM:
- Competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package.
- A continuous learning environment.
- Ability to advance your career with a growing company.
- NFI Group has been named a Manitoba Top Employer for 2020 and this is the tenth since the competition was established in 2007.
- Employee social committee organizes numerous events throughout the year, including summer barbecues, holiday festivities, sporting events and tournaments, and much more.
- Ongoing employee development through a variety of in-house training initiatives along with tuition subsidies for courses at outside institutions.
We exist to move people. Our mission is to design and deliver exceptional transportation solutions that are safe, accessible, efficient and reliable.
NFI Group is a leading independent global bus manufacturer providing a comprehensive suite of mass transportation solutions. News and information is available at www.nfigroup.com, www.newflyer.com, www.mcicoach.com, www.nfi.parts, www.alexander-dennis.com, www.arbocsv.com, and www.carfaircomposites.com.