ABOUT THE POSITION
Job Req: 1482
Location: St. Albert Office
Division/Branch: Corporate Services / Procurement
Classification: Information Officer 1 (041)
Employment Status: Temporary Full Time
Salary: $50,683.59 - $65,252.61 per annum
Advertising:Internal and External
Closing Date: October 9, 2022
**This is a temporary position ending on or before March 31, 2025**
Do you excel at procurement and client relations that deliver excellent procurement results? Are your communications and judgement skills fine-tuned to constructively resolve issues as a purchase evolves? If so, AGLC’s Acquisition Services, Procurement branch is looking for a professional to join the team as a Buyer. The Acquisition Services unit provides progressive and proactive procurement services to help business areas achieve their objectives, while striking the appropriate balance between serving customers’ business needs and compliance with applicable policies, legislation and contract law.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Acquisition Services you will be responsible for the acquisition of goods and services, by acting as a liaison between client areas and vendors, supporting the multi-year strategic procurement plan, and protecting AGLC’s assets and reputation. Using your solid generalist knowledge and experience you will successfully execute procurement activities including transactional purchasing and competitive bidding. Using your excellent research and analytical skills, you will assist the Team Lead, Acquisition Services in determining the most advantageous procurement method while ensuring the necessary approvals are obtained.
To be successful in this role you will require strong verbal and written communication skills so that clients have a full understanding of procurement services, products, and the branch. Your strong interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills will ensure any issues are resolved in a timely and professional manner while ensuring the procurement process is managed professionally and fairly while maximizing the benefits to the AGLC and conforms to applicable trade agreements and policies.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A Diploma in a business-related discipline from a recognized university or college is required
- The following are considered assets:
- A minimum two (2) years progressively responsible experience in public procurement of a variety of commodities in an organization of similar size, complexity and diversity is required. Working knowledge of automated purchasing systems and MS Office applications (Word and Excel) and MS Outlook.
- Professional Designation or Certification through the Supply Chain Canada (SCC) (formerly SCMA) and/or the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing (NIGP) or demonstrated commitment to obtaining certification.
- Experience working with J.D. Edwards and the Alberta Purchasing Connection (APC) website.
- Knowledge of applicable trade legislation (Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA), Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA), New West Partnership Trade Agreement (NWPTA), etc.) as well as Canadian contract law.
- To be eligible to work for AGLC, you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or eligible to work in Canada.
- While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
- As a condition of employment, you will be required to obtain a satisfactory security clearance and clean drivers abstract (if necessary) prior to employment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered at a lower classification and salary. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
- AGLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.