Manager – Purchasing and Logistics
- School District No. 35 (Langley)
- Langley, B.C.
- Job Category
- Logistics - Supply Chain Management, Supply Chain and Purchasing
- Job Type
School District No. 35 (Langley)
Manager – Purchasing and Logistics (Exempt)
Full-Time, Continuing Position
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of students? Are you passionate about using your knowledge, skills, and influence to help enhance the tech infrastructure and systems of a fast-growing organization? School District No. 35 (Langley) is looking for a talented Manager – Purchasing and Logistics (Exempt) to lead the District’s Purchasing team who work collaboratively to maintain a healthy, safe, and positive learning environment for all students and staff.
Reporting to the Assistant Secretary-Treasurer, the Manager – Purchasing and Logistics role oversees a team comprised of both exempt and support staff, who are responsible for the purchasing and acquisition of services, equipment and supplies of the District. The incumbent understands and communicates purchasing requirements and standards, while overseeing the contracts negotiated by the Purchasing team. Through this work, the Manager will be executing projects that have a direct impact on students, staff and the community, and will leave a legacy for future generations.
Who we are:
The Langley School District is situated on the traditional unceded territories of the Matsqui, Kwantlen, Katzie, and Semiahmoo First Nations. We are an innovative, inspiring, and unified learning community committed to our Core Values: Integrity, Courage, Excellence, and Community. Our District mission is to inspire all learners to reach their full potential and to create a positive legacy for the future. This mission is demonstrated both in and out the classroom. We offer a broad range of innovative programs and services to support the learning of our students and staff in 31 elementary, 5 middle, and 9 Secondary schools which are home to over 23,000 students. Our District celebrates diversity and fosters a nurturing and inclusive culture. We care deeply about our students and staff, and prioritize health, safety, and mental wellness through various initiatives in the District.
What you bring:
- University degree and Supply Chain Management Association of Canada (S.C.M.P.) designation; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ management experience as a Supply Chain Management Professional.
- Detailed knowledge of Public Purchasing Practices including tendering and the issuing of Request for Proposals. Knowledge of relevant Trade Agreements (e.g.: NWPTA).
- Ability to provide strong leadership for the District in the area of procurement.
- Possess strong business acumen with in-depth knowledge of modern procurement and supply chain principles and practices.
- Demonstrated expertise in planning, organizing, and directing purchasing activities, including competitive bidding processes, supplier negotiation, property management, contract administration and risk management/insurance.
- Experience in risk management and the development and implementation of appropriate internal controls.
- Demonstrable, well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to create a team approach in completing projects.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement Board and departmental policies.
- Ability to provide sound support for technology purchases.
- Experience in the public education sector is an asset.
- BC Drivers’ License
To fulfill the duties successfully, this role has the benefit of:
- A comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental, and municipal pension plan.
- Career growth with employer-paid Pro-D training and leadership development opportunities.
- Health & Wellness supports through our Health & Wellness Support Program, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families.
Qualified individuals may apply online through Make a Future at https://bit.ly/3V0J8Ji. This posting closes on Thursday, December 1, 2022, at 4:00 p.m.
More search results
Logistics Data Analyst
Event Logistics Associate
Shipping & Receiving Logistics Coordinator
Logistics Planning & Performance Manager
Penske Truck Leasing