Burnaby School District 41
(Maternity leave of absence effective ASAP to approximately July 2023)
As one of the largest, most progressive, urban districts in the province, Burnaby provides comprehensive educational programs and services to 41 elementary and 8 secondary schools, plus a number of additional facilities. The Burnaby School District is seeking a Senior Buyer to join their professional Purchasing team. Reporting to the Manager - Financial Services, this key purchasing position is responsible to ensure the integrity of the acquisition process, maximize acquisition strategies, create contractual documents and conduct negotiations. Experience in core public sector and construction related procurement preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the tendering process and monitors administration of complex, high risk and high value type contracts.
- Prepares and approves purchase orders for materials, supplies, equipment and services and recommends SD41 standards for equipment by performing research, obtaining prices and specifications, and by consulting with end users to evaluate suitability and quality.
- Conducts performance reviews with suppliers by arranging demonstrations, consulting end-users, interviewing sales representatives and determining product quality, price and availability. Identifies and resolves various supplier management problems minimizing the school district’s legal risks.
- Working with internal and external customers to ensure the district is getting quality service from its vendors.
- Assistance in development of a vendor management system.
- Completion of the Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) Designation or equivalent.
- Five years related work experience or an equivalent combination of training and/or experience.
- Thorough knowledge of procurement practices and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of technology and applications related to work performed including Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate effectively at the level required for the job
- Valid BC Driver’s license (Class 5).
To view the original posting online, please visit Make a Future at https://bit.ly/3Wdw2bQ.
This position is a temporary position working 35 hours/week and offers a benefit package. The wage is $36.37 per hour. Please forward your resume with cover letter and at least two (2) references to:
Burnaby School District
4054 Norfolk Street
Burnaby, B.C. V5G 0C3
The Burnaby School District values inclusion and embraces diversity as a strength. Our goal is for all individuals to feel a sense of belonging in a safe, supportive and welcoming community. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Indigenous, Black, people of colour, all genders, LGBTQ2+ and persons with disabilities
More search results
Team Leader, Distribution (evening shift)
Supply Chain Coordinator
Support Worker (Supply Chain)
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health CAMH
Supply Chain Coordinator
Penske Truck Leasing