About the Organization
Bourgault Industries Ltd. is an innovative agricultural equipment manufacturer based in St. Brieux, SK. Bourgault has grown to become a world leader in the design and production of leading-edge agricultural equipment, including Air Seeders, cultivators, plows, drills, and grain carts.
Bourgault's mission is to design, manufacture and distribute the highest quality, most durable and reliable farm equipment in the world, that is affordable and meets or exceeds the expectations of our most demanding customers.
About the Opportunity
Bourgault Industries is currently looking for a Materials Analyst to join our team in St. Brieux, SK. Our ideal team member is someone with a passion for programming and analytics, with effective communication skills and a strong ability to collaborate with a team.
The Materials Analyst will be responsible for providing analytical support and information to the Materials Leader and Materials Team, in order to effectively manage Bourgault’s supply chain, as well as provide quantitative analysis and support for both current operations and future opportunities.
- Perform quantitative analysis to determine the optimal purchasing parameters in support of Bourgault’s purchasing team (including reporting on re-order points, order quantities, inventory reduction opportunities, etc.)
- Develop and maintain tools required to assist and supplement Bourgault’s MRP system to optimize operational performance
- Work with the purchasing team to identify and implement process automation and optimization
- Investigate economic factors impacting material prices
- Report on economic variables that impact spending and forecast
- Optimize product flow from the supplier to Bourgault’s warehouse
- Monitor key commodities and report on trends, opportunities and price increases
- Identify proactive price reduction opportunities
- Assist in negotiations with suppliers
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Python, SQL and Visual Basic, either equivalent educational experience or working experience
- Experience with Microsoft Access
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, including advanced formulas and macro programming
- Strong analytical abilities
- Ability to write SQL queries that include joins and filters
- Preference given to those with a degree in computer programming, MBA, or relevant business experience, in that order
- Effective communication skills, including an ability to explain complex concepts to non-technical audiences and develop buy-in
- Strong ability to collaborate, influence and build relationships
About the Benefits
In addition to offering you a highly attractive salary, Bourgault understands that an investment in employees is ultimately an investment in the company, and as a result, you can look forward to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Performance-based pay with regular merit increases
- Life Insurance and Short/Long-term Disability Income Insurance
- Group RRSP with company matching contributions
- Company-wide profit sharing plan
- Fitness center
- Health & dental benefits and travel insurance
- Training & Educational Assistance
- $250 Annual Personal Protective Equipment Allowance
- Fresh Fruit for all lunchrooms
- And much MORE – click here to view the full list of benefits!
If you’re looking to make a difference with a company that values your hard work and innovation, and supports a healthy work-life balance, apply now!