Director, Contracted Programs Management Office
- Manitoba Government
- Winnipeg, Manitoba
- AD 34744
- Job Category
- Information Management - Systems, Logistics - Supply Chain Management, Project Management
- Job Type
Director, Contracted Programs Management Office (CPMO)
Manitoba Finance, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Advertisement Number: 34744
Salary Range: $95,171.00 - $113,800.00 per year
Closing Date: April 22, 2019
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for this position and remain in effect for 12 months.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Law or Business, or a combination of equivalent education and experience
- Professional contract manager designation such as Certified Professional Contract Manager (CPCM), Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) or another designation relevant to the role is considered an asset
- Extensive and progressive leadership experience within a contract administration/ management environment
- Extensive experience developing and presenting recommendations to senior executives
- Management experience in a contract management or procurement organization with a focus on category/contract management and strategic planning
- Experience developing contract management strategies, processes, and tools in collaboration with a client department
- Experience drafting and coordinating all activities involved in the administration of complex contracts
- Knowledge of contract management principles/ best practices, laws, and regulations
- Specialized knowledge of contract law as it applies to both traditional and non-traditional contract management methods, negotiation techniques, contract termination, and information technology
- Excellent understanding of information technology for its application to electronic agreement management, information management, project control, and financial management
- A record of driving change within complex organizations in uncertain and shifting contexts
The Government of Manitoba is looking for a progressive and collaborative leader for the position of Director, Contracted Programs Management Office (CPMO), Manitoba Finance. This key executive leadership role within Manitoba Finance leads the CPMO to achieve its mandate and foster a positive organizational culture.
Reporting to the Deputy Minister of Central Services, you will lead a team of professional services personnel in providing government-wide program leadership and direction for the active management of long-term complex contracts related to the delivery of government programs.
You will lead the CPMO in advancing the Manitoba Public Service Transformation Strategy by exemplifying the values and ethics of the Government of Manitoba and creating the conditions to support an innovative, citizen-focused, and highly effective organizational culture.
You will apply highly effective and efficient contract management services, supporting the Manitoba government’s operational units in meeting business challenges with best practices and innovative cost-effective solutions, and ensuring that the Manitoba government receives optimal value in all relevant contractual engagements.
Advertisement No. 34744
CSC Executive Jobs
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
More search results
Legislative Assembly of BC
Procurement manager/Procurement Engineer
Robert Half Canada
Global Sourcing Professional
Gypsum Technologies Inc.
Logistics Business Development Specialist
Horizon Recruitment Inc.