Company: G3 Genuine Guide Gear Inc. (www.genuineguidegear.com) manufactures backcountry ski equipment and related products. Founded in 1996, G3 is now available in more than 20 countries and is widely known within the industry as an award winning innovative design company. G3 continues to experience strong growth and needs an experienced full-cycle Accountant with a keen eye for detail.
G3’s Purpose is to amplify our customers’ exhilarating outdoor experiences. Innovation and integrity reflect our deepest intention. We reinforce these values with each other and our partners as they permeate everything we do. We treasure and thrive in a non-ego driven environment and embody ‘Above The Line’ behaviour. If our values resonate with you, please consider this position.
The Procurement Manager will assess current systems to make recommendations that improve vendor relationships and decrease costs; plan materials resources in a seasonal production environment; source high quality and cost-effective supply chain partners; set, monitor and make course corrections based on metrics; and manage daily purchasing activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field
- APICS certification preferred
- Experience working in a Manufacturing Environment in a Management capacity
- Negotiation skills and familiarity with Asian manufacturing/vendors are major assets
- Experience in cost savings initiatives related to supply chain and procurement.
- Experience with SAGE ENTERPRISE or similar ERP.
- Strong knowledge of supply chain management required
- Proven history of developing effective inventory management solutions
- Strong planning skills
- Technical knowledge relating to the manufacture and supply of consumer products.
- Supply Chain Quality Management experience
- Strong relationship building skills and desire for collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to handle rapid change
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- History of accountability and ownership of responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English. Mandarin is an asset.